Wiki Posts
Search

EK confirmed 2-Class A380

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Hey all,
Sadly my DXB-MRU was switched to two-class 380 I was in F originally!
Can't switch out because of schedule constraints. Will I still be able to access the F-class lounge? Have four hours in DXB so wouldn't like to be stuck in J-class lounge on F-class ticket.
Also, where shall I sit in J on the two-class 380? We're two pax, but it's not essential to sit together.
Thanks!
Good luck getting any form of compensation or refund on that one...
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by m3red
Good luck getting any form of compensation or refund on that one...
Yep I know. In fact as it's an award ticket I can't really do anything.
There is an earlier connecting flight but it doesn't have F and it would leave me two hours from my incoming (separate ticket) flight.
Maybe I'll complain at the counter and I'll get something.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Yep I know. In fact as it's an award ticket I can't really do anything.
There is an earlier connecting flight but it doesn't have F and it would leave me two hours from my incoming (separate ticket) flight.
Maybe I'll complain at the counter and I'll get something.
I got 300aed fare difference and a 30k points (not even enough to upgrade the sector I was downgraded on).

Assume yours is an Alaska award in which case you have no chance except the miles back. A better result that losing cold hard cash like I did.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:25 am

Flying EK148 AMS-DXB in J later this month and it looks like they have swapped with a two-class plane, do all the two-class planes have the new bar?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by jmlaser
Flying EK148 AMS-DXB in J later this month and it looks like they have swapped with a two-class plane, do all the two-class planes have the new bar?
No, newest frames only. I think it's A6-EUX deliveries onward.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
No, newest frames only. I think it's A6-EUX deliveries onward.
Thanks for the reply, hopefully I get lucky.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:45 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by jmlaser
EK150 (also ex AMS but the late flight) was also a 2 class frame on 24 July. 'Old' bar (which I think is better than the 'railway carriage' style new bar).

What I did not like was the bus stand at DXB. First walked through the entire upper deck to the front stairs (the Y pax were told to stay put until the J 'royalty' had passed). Apparently there was an issue downstairs so we were asked to walk all the way back, descend the staircase at the back galley and out the back door (4L or something like that?) where a whole fleet of buses were waiting. At least we had the J bus for the interminable ride to the A gates (there were buses for different destinations).
This was the second time I arrived at a bus stand from an A380 ex AMS at DXB. Last time it was a 3 class frame. Also the late (EK150) flight.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
When the A380 reaches a remote stand all hell breaks Loose .:-(
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
EK150 (also ex AMS but the late flight) was also a 2 class frame on 24 July. 'Old' bar (which I think is better than the 'railway carriage' style new bar).
I was on A6-EUX yesterday coming from BKK and my first experience of the new bar. Looks good and not sure what I prefer.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by ft101
I was on A6-EUX yesterday coming from BKK and my first experience of the new bar. Looks good and not sure what I prefer.
Do you feel like people camp out more at the tables and it doesn't feel as inviting? In the old setup if I want to sit by myself and sip my drink and read a magazine, I can simply sit and angle myself so I am not bothering the other two people, but the new setup seems like it might not work so well for that. I would have probably done two small tables between the 3 seats.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Do you feel like people camp out more at the tables and it doesn't feel as inviting? In the old setup if I want to sit by myself and sip my drink and read a magazine, I can simply sit and angle myself so I am not bothering the other two people, but the new setup seems like it might not work so well for that. I would have probably done two small tables between the 3 seats.
I suppose like so much else it all depends on the individuals. If you're the chatty type the new set up will suit you more. If you want to be alone and sit down, the end seat on the right hand side is probably the only choice.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by ft101
I suppose like so much else it all depends on the individuals. If you're the chatty type the new set up will suit you more. If you want to be alone and sit down, the end seat on the right hand side is probably the only choice.
Do you have also pics of the 4 pax table ?
Real pics are always better than official photos.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I have not seen the new bar but from what I remember about the space available , that photograph must have been taken by someone standing behind the bar ?

Ie. The picture makes it look more spacious than it is.

Or has the physical dimensions of the bar area been increased?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I have not seen the new bar but from what I remember about the space available , that photograph must have been taken by someone standing behind the bar ?

Ie. The picture makes it look more spacious than it is.

Or has the physical dimensions of the bar area been increased?
It looks to me like it was taken by somebody standing at the end (middle?) of the bar, if you know what I mean. At the bottom of the U
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:33 am

I have other pics at home. I'll post later.

The bar is overall the same size I think. The pic was taken with my back to the wall, a couple of steps back from the bottom of the U.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.