Account Review?

Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Account Review?

Hi FT World,

Has anyone had this response from Skywards site before when trying to login?

"Sorry, your account is not accessible at the moment due to a routine review. Please email [email protected] for assistance".

Been like this all day! Have emailed the address there, but no response yet.

Cheers,
Justin/BKK
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:02 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jbflyboy84
Hi FT World,

Has anyone had this response from Skywards site before when trying to login?

"Sorry, your account is not accessible at the moment due to a routine review. Please email [email protected] for assistance".

Been like this all day! Have emailed the address there, but no response yet.

Cheers,
Justin/BKK
I have the same message on the website, however, both the iPhone & iPad app says:

"Sorry, this account has been deactivated. Please email [email protected] for assistance."
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:47 am

Maybe linked to the new fare lock feature.

Logging in on emirates.com requires a Captcha form, which is also new. Seriously, Emirates? I hope that's not their only defence against brute force access attempts. My confidence in the competence of EK's infosec team has just plummeted...
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Joriarty
Maybe linked to the new fare lock feature.

Logging in on emirates.com requires a Captcha form, which is also new. Seriously, Emirates? I hope that's not their only defence against brute force access attempts. My confidence in the competence of EK's infosec team has just plummeted...
You want another shocking fact about their information security? Passwords don't seem to be stored in an encrypted format, as you used to be able to request a reminder and they sent it to you in plain-text via email

I hope that's changed now because they at least now do resets...!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for the comments... glad its not just me then.

Even stranger though was my flight this evening from HKG. I had some issues that I had to raise with the J Class Purser (I was totally forgotten about when meals were given out). During his service recovery, he was wanting to refer to his tablet that has all my information (status, previous flights etc etc), but it was totally blank. He said he'd never seen a pax with Gold status show absolutely nothing other than my name, status and seat number.

Think it could be linked??

Cheers,
Justin/BKK
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
My account too is locked now since a couple of hours.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:10 pm

Account Review?

I now have a different message on the iPad app.

"Sorry, the login credentials you have do not match our records. Please check and try again."

No reply to my email.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by WLG Base
I now have a different message on the iPad app.

"Sorry, the login credentials you have do not match our records. Please check and try again."

No reply to my email.
Same here, I also changed my password, then tried on the webiste and got the "account reviewed" message
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:45 am
Original Poster

I also had to change my password AFTER I emailed them, something strange is happening. Once I changed my password it reverted back to the 'account review' message on a browser, but on a mobile webpage or app, it just said account is deactivate and to contact skywards data integrity.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:13 am

I have called EK in NZ and have been assured my account has not been deactivated.

They have escalated the matter to Dubai. There were no notes in my file saying what the review was all about.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by WLG Base
I have called EK in NZ and have been assured my account has not been deactivated.

They have escalated the matter to Dubai. There were no notes in my file saying what the review was all about.
I've had the same problem as the original poster Justin for the past three days.

Finally spoke to someone in the local (KL) Emirates office who sent a priority mail to the Dubai office highlighting the issue, three hours later when trying to log in a password reset was issued and all is good.

Thank you to the gentleman in the Kuala Lumpur Emirates office who answered my call at 10am local time
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HullCityAFC
I've had the same problem as the original poster Justin for the past three days.

Finally spoke to someone in the local (KL) Emirates office who sent a priority mail to the Dubai office highlighting the issue, three hours later when trying to log in a password reset was issued and all is good.

Thank you to the gentleman in the Kuala Lumpur Emirates office who answered my call at 10am local time
Seems like a call to BKK office is required on Monday... was trying to avoid that!

Emails haven't worked so far, so phone it is.

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Skywards
Same problem here. I have already sent several email but haven't got any response.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by jbflyboy84
Seems like a call to BKK office is required on Monday... was trying to avoid that!

Emails haven't worked so far, so phone it is.

Cheers.
I notice from another thread you are Gold - I don't think the BKK office has the automatic forwarding to DXB call center, so it may be worth giving the DXB number a call directly to sort it out, the BKK office won't be able to help you.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks, Eternaltransit. Will give it a shot in the morning.

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.