Wiki Posts
Search

Connection at DXB from EK to TK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

I'm a Brazilian national therefore I need a visa to enter the UAE. I'm flying MLE-DXB on emirates and have a 5hrs connection at DXB then flying to IST on Turkish. Will I be able to stay airside and retrieve my luggage then check in with Turkish? I'm concerned about not being able to do that connection without a visa. Thank you.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Corganbr
I'm a Brazilian national therefore I need a visa to enter the UAE. I'm flying MLE-DXB on emirates and have a 5hrs connection at DXB then flying to IST on Turkish. Will I be able to stay airside and retrieve my luggage then check in with Turkish? I'm concerned about not being able to do that connection without a visa. Thank you.
No, you won't be able to get to the luggage without going through immigration.

However, are you flights all on one ticket? If so, you should be able to check your luggage all the way from MLE to IST. Even it's not on one ticket, you'd probably be OK, as Emirates and Turkish have an interline agreement.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:32 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
There was (is?) a service that collects and re-checks bags for you. I don't recall if it was offered by dnata or marhaba.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Different reservations. Hopefully they will be able to check in all the way to IST from MLE. Otherwise, I don't know what to do.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Corganbr
Different reservations. Hopefully they will be able to check in all the way to IST from MLE. Otherwise, I don't know what to do.
You will be entirely at the mercy of MLE check in agents, in this case. Whilst the interline is technically possible, they are under no obligation to do so.

If you want to be entirely sure, have you tried applying online via EK for a visa? It's quite a painless process, but will cost $$$.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

They would only provide a visa if I was arriving and leaving with EK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.