Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Dubai 1-day stopover.... any hotel withing walking distance to DXB terminal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai 1-day stopover.... any hotel withing walking distance to DXB terminal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Just a warning to stay out of the Restaurant in the Premier-Inn (The Costa is fine)
Party of 5, 2 got SEVERE food poisoning from eating there.
Otherwise, its a convenient option..........
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by GEB74
Just a warning to stay out of the Restaurant in the Premier-Inn (The Costa is fine)
Party of 5, 2 got SEVERE food poisoning from eating there.
Otherwise, its a convenient option..........
Do you have any idea what they ate?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Do you have any idea what they ate?
Steak, Fries and SALAD
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Steak, Fries and SALAD
It was probably the salad
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Steak, Fries and SALAD
Glad you put emphasis on the salad . That has been the main culprit of mostly all my food poisoning episodes. I steer clear of salad bars and even as a side.

I plan to stay at that premier inn in December and will be extremely picky on what I might eat, if I decide to even eat there at all. I usually just eat out or buy simple food at the grocery store, which can be more reasonable in price for a monthly stay.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Stayed at the Hampton. It is far from the airport and a pain to get there. I also think I got ripped off by the cab company because their shuttle service sucks.

Other than that it’s actually a really nice property and great breakfast offerings.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Stayed at the Hampton. It is far from the airport and a pain to get there. I also think I got ripped off by the cab company because their shuttle service sucks.

Other than that it’s actually a really nice property and great breakfast offerings.
Great story! Not sure why it's relevant to this thread though
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Great story! Not sure why it's relevant to this thread though
uhhh.. gee I don’t know did you bother reading the title of the thread that specifically asks about hotels “WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE of DXB?” Call me crazy, but I thought since it’s NOT within walking distance it may in fact be relevant and I should share that experience.

Sorry I’m new at this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:14 am

WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE of DXB?” Call me crazy, but I thought since it’s NOT within walking distance it may in fact be relevant
Think you answered your own question...?

(not trying to be mean, just that your post seemed a bit paradoxical)
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Think you answered your own question...?

(not trying to be mean, just that your post seemed a bit paradoxical)
Not trying to be mean, but people wanna know hotels that are nearby. Hilton falsely advertises that it’s the “Dubai Airport Hampton Inn” when in fact it’s no where near the airport
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:02 am

Not trying to be mean, but people wanna know hotels that are nearby. Hilton falsely advertises that it’s the “Dubai Airport Hampton Inn” when in fact it’s no where near the airport
Ah, see now that's useful info. Had no idea it's called Airport Hampton Inn, your post only said "stayed at Hampton". Anyway I didn't think your post was that off topic until your reply which seemed to confirm that it was very off topic (but which you've now explained why it actually was useful...). All a bit confusing, long story short, it is helpful, now with the right context
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:06 am

Next time I'll read your mind before replying
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:13 am

PS... I just checked, and it's about 1km from the airport. Perfectly walkable - as long as you want T2. If you want T1 or T3, then there's a free shuttle.

At £28 a night (for tonight), good value I'd say.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:27 am

Walking 1 minute is pretty awful at the moment.
DYKWIA and BadoRas like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
PS... I just checked, and it's about 1km from the airport. Perfectly walkable - as long as you want T2. If you want T1 or T3, then there's a free shuttle.

At £28 a night (for tonight), good value I'd say.
The shuttles are not often. I had to take a taxi there. The hotel shuttle is about once every 2 hours. It is 1km from the airport in theory if you intend to fly there by helicopter. Otherwise, for practicality purposes and the way the roads are set up it is much further. Type in on google maps walking DXB to the Hampton Dubai Airport. Google Maps says it takes 2 hrs and 29 minutes to walk there. Good luck with that...

I just want people to know Hilton falsely says that Hampton is “Dubai Airport” when in fact for practicality purposes it is really no where near the airport. The shuttle is also sparse. It would be helpful if they had a frequent shuttle, and I’m not sure why they have such an infrequent shuttle given the problems with getting there and the title they advertise. The hotel itself is actually really nice (new) and cheap so I usually will take a taxi and include that in the bill which usually comes to $55-75.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.