Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Overnight in Concourse A but might depart from a B or C gate.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold

Early in February I will be flying from Glasgow to Auckland. In order to avoid the possibility of having to repeat the mad dash between flights which I encountered on my last trip when my flight from Glasgow was delayed I have booked the lunchtime flight arriving in Dubai at 00:30 and EK412 departing at 10:15, I have also booked an overnight stay in the airside International Hotel in Concourse A. I have noticed on the AirportZoom app that frequently one or more of the mid morning departures to Australasia leaves from B and occasionally C gates. My question is this. If I do have to transfer in the morning from the hotel in Concourse A to a gate in Concourse B or C do I become an “arriving” passenger and will this involve having to negotiate transfer security for a second time? My plan is to have breakfast in the F lounge nearest to my departure gate and I am really am looking for any guidance which you can offer on how much time to allow at around 07:30/08:00 if I do have to transfer between concourses.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:20 pm

Once you clear security the first time, you will be air side and no reclearing is needed regardless of which concourse you're at/transferring to. Having said that, Australia bound flights have security again at the gate looking at liquids/bags contents (no xray).
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:58 am

Maximum walk time for Concourse A hotel to C is about 25 minutes, B gates about 15 minutes (assuming you use the moving walkways instead of walking through the shopping mall in B) - you'll have plenty of time. No security to queue up with.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Great, thanks for your responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.