FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Fast track security (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1627089-fast-track-security.html)

conburt Nov 8, 2014 8:56 am

Fast track security

Hi
Flying Emirates businss class to Sri Lanka from London Gatwick via Dubai. Can we use the fast track security facility at Gatwick and Dubai. Reason I ask is that we flew Emirates economy from Gatwick to Cape Town via Dubai 5 years ago and it took us well over an hour to go through security after getting off the Gatwick flight.

Zol Nov 8, 2014 12:02 pm

Yes you can. It is available to F & J passengers as well as Platinum and Gold Skywards card holders

HelloKittysMum Nov 8, 2014 8:03 pm

I've never had success using it though- always told when I asked that fast track cards are for immigration not security.

Oldtiger Nov 8, 2014 8:49 pm

Normally travelling business class to DXB you will be given a priority pass shortly before your arrival. This pass is supposed to allow you to use the fast track lanes for both arrival and transit.
From my experience, if you are transiting the pass is utterly useless. Although there is a specific lane within the transit security area which is clearly marked for first/business class passengers, staff never ask for the pass or check that the passenger is travelling first or business class. As a result, you may well find that every ‘man and their dog’ are queuing up in that lane, and it’s no quicker than any of the other lanes.
Depending upon your time of arrival, the number of arriving flights at that time and how many security lanes are ‘open’ will dictate how quickly you are able to get through transit. I have cleared transit security in as little as 10 minutes from time of arriving there (this being an exception), but normally I would expect 20-30 minutes.
I hope your transit time is not short. Good luck.

pomkiwi Nov 8, 2014 10:35 pm

My experience has been more promising. Usually I transit around 7am and have rarely had to queue for more than 2 or 3 minutes. Recently the priority lanes have been reasonably policed and quiet.

conburt Nov 9, 2014 1:58 am

Thanks for the information.

sydtogla Aug 22, 2017 2:32 am

Hi all,

EK no longer provide Fast Track security for Plat/Gold departing and GLA travelling in Y. Does anyone know of other outstations where this is the case?

skywardhunter Aug 22, 2017 2:52 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla (Post 28720054)
Hi all,

EK no longer provide Fast Track security for Plat/Gold departing and GLA travelling in Y. Does anyone know of other outstations where this is the case?

There are many where it has never existed, CPT, JNB, HYD for sure, and IIRC DUB, HAM (I used mobile BP though, perhaps if I had asked at the counter, massive lines). at BHX they told me to use the fast track line but the dragon didn't seem to think I was eligible, when I said EK staff had told me to she let me past though. (I had pointed out the Gold on my BP)

Saltire74 Aug 22, 2017 2:54 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla (Post 28720054)
Hi all,

They haven't been providing it for quite some time now. I asked this on the forum last year and if memory serves, people were unsure so I asked the check in supervisor last November. She informed me that EK had got their knuckles tapped by GLA management because the only EK passengers that were allowed to use Fast Track were F & J but it hadn't seemed to filter down and check in staff had mistakenly been advising elites in Y that they could use it :eek:

S

skywardhunter Aug 22, 2017 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74 (Post 28720098)
They haven't been providing it for quite some time now. I asked this on the forum last year and if memory serves, people were unsure so I asked the check in supervisor last November. She informed me that EK had got their knuckles tapped by GLA management because the only EK passengers that were allowed to use Fast Track were F & J but it hadn't seemed to filter down and check in staff had mistakenly been advising elites in Y that they could use it :eek:

S

See my comment in my previous post about BHX, sounds like that's exactly what happened there as well

Saltire74 Aug 22, 2017 3:03 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 28720107)
See my comment in my previous post about BHX, sounds like that's exactly what happened there as well

Sounds like it. Wonder if it was a contractual oversight or if elites were never intended to qualify at these outstations? In my case, the supervisor had told me they had been advising pax for a few years that it was okay before the tap on knuckles to remind them otherwise.

S

eternaltransit Aug 22, 2017 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74 (Post 28720120)
Sounds like it. Wonder if it was a contractual oversight or if elites were never intended to qualify at these outstations? In my case, the supervisor had told me they had been advising pax for a few years that it was okay before the tap on knuckles to remind them otherwise.

S

You say tap on the knuckles, I say EK got the bill from the airport and balked :D

Saltire74 Aug 22, 2017 4:29 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 28720288)
You say tap on the knuckles, I say EK got the bill from the airport and balked :D

To be honest, the way the supervisor explained was as if they were only told off and instructed that only J & F access to fast rack was permitted

S

skywardhunter Aug 22, 2017 4:37 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 28720288)

Depends on the contract, whether it's a flat rate or per-pax. It's probably a flat rate, so EK figured they could get away with it, then either airport told them to stop as they exceeded the assumed quota (possibly even in the contract defined) or as you say sent a bill for excess usage, which EK wouldn't have paid, but would've served the point of getting them to stop

tm84 Aug 22, 2017 5:14 am

No fast track at OSL for Y regardless of frequent flyer status.