Got fast track with Gold and Y at CPH

At it makes a huge difference

Saved about 45min
sydtogla likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Ha, so if you buy the upgrade offer ex-GLA/BHX you get Fast Track. Good to know.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Ha, so if you buy the upgrade offer ex-GLA/BHX you get Fast Track. Good to know.
Can't you just buy the fast track separately?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Can't you just buy the fast track separately?
I thought it was only sold with lounge access, but it's available as a stand alone too. 4.99 GBP

https://prebook.glasgowairport.com/en/?pt=3
sydtogla likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:53 pm

Have been asked the last couple of times for my Priority card for transiting DXB - was never the case before. Made a big difference, especially transiting at midnight.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ft101
I thought it was only sold with lounge access, but it's available as a stand alone too. 4.99 GBP

https://prebook.glasgowairport.com/en/?pt=3
Same at MAN, and I guess other UK airports.

MAN has also just introduced FastTrack immigration
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Same at MAN, and I guess other UK airports.

MAN has also just introduced FastTrack immigration
How do I get that? Queue was ridiculous last time I landed.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:43 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by m3red
How do I get that? Queue was ridiculous last time I landed.
Manchester Airport website. Must be booked in advance.

S
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Manchester Airport website. Must be booked in advance.

S
I didn't even see a sign for fast track immigration- let's see if F pax get it when I fly back on 15th sept

By the way as gold or plat you should get fast track in my view
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
If it the same as LHR fastrack immigration only applies to non-UK/EEA passport holders - not helpful on the days only 2 e-readers are operating.....
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Beecharmer
Have been asked the last couple of times for my Priority card for transiting DXB - was never the case before. Made a big difference, especially transiting at midnight.
I save them and use the regular line, in my last 4 or 5 transits there was no queue for the regular line. Midnight and morning rushes.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:33 am
Lux

Originally Posted by conburt
Can we use the fast track security facility at Gatwick
Going back to your specific question,

Gatwick - security at Gatwick is excellent, so much better than Heathrow, even at the peak of the holiday season. I'd not bother with Fasttrack, which has a limited number of channels. Head to the main security gates, use the ones to the right (they're at right angles to the larger line of them), and head to the scanners towards the right. I rarely have to queue at all.

Dubai - show your boarding pass or fast track card and they'll let you through. Some Gatwick flights land outside peak hours and you'll not have to queue for long.

I've never removed my laptop etc at Dubai and they just don't seem to care (although I was once pulled aside for having some magnetic whiteboard tape in my bag, so someone was awake that day)
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by m3red
I didn't even see a sign for fast track immigration- let's see if F pax get it when I fly back on 15th sept

By the way as gold or plat you should get fast track in my view
It only started August 1st. I doubt very much EK will know anything about it, as it's a MAN specific thing. No doubt other airports will pick up on it.

When I got back from AMS a couple of weeks ago, the queues were quite long. Only half of the e-gates were operational. When I asked why, I was told that each bank of 5 e-gates needs one member of staff. As they were expecting the late DXB flight, one of the e-gate operators had been moved to the non-EU desks.

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
If it the same as LHR fastrack immigration only applies to non-UK/EEA passport holders - not helpful on the days only 2 e-readers are operating.....
No, anybody can buy it.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:13 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Also has anyone noticed that the way express security in Sydney works is bizarre? You pass through your departing immigration station (which is already in the express area) and hand your card over at the X-ray/search. It means it is a potential free for all as there is no way back once you're through and you don't need to show your card before.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There are many where it has never existed, CPT, JNB, HYD for sure, and IIRC DUB, HAM (I used mobile BP though, perhaps if I had asked at the counter, massive lines).
At DUB I've used fast track security in Y with Gold, printed boarding pass, the guy scanning the BP noticeably clocked 'Gold' and moved me through. Didn't get my Op-up until the gate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.