Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK web booking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
EK web booking

I want to book the cheapest fare one way and a flex fare on the return. Best, I can tell, you can either do one or the other on a round-trip basis. Is there a way to do this (and how can I tell if a mileage upgrade is available before I book the flex fare?)
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
It's possible to have a flex/saver combo, but that's only based on availability if using the website (ie only flex is available on one leg, but saver is available on the other). I've read on this forum that you can call and request it though.

Some saver fares can be upgraded prior to T-24H, so a flex fare is not necessary although the miles required will be less if flex

For upgrade availability, look for D (biz) or Z (first) class availability on expert flyer

Or try booking an award ticket on the EK website: if a "Skywards Saver Reward" is available, that means then the upgrade is available.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:17 am

My weird personal web booking experience on EK's site

I bought a pair of FC tickets BKK DXB IAH on Expedia.
And then I got to check it on EK's website.
The fares were quoted in Thai Bahts.
And using their Currency converter, that fares came out like $US200 less per pax.
Of course, I went and cancelled the Expedia booking, and booked directly on the EK site.
The fares were shown again at the same amount in Thai Bhats at my first checking. But, by the time I finished the transaction, it came out like $10 less than Expedia.
I was so tired of the hassles and I did not bother to call EK reservations to ask them, while the quote was less than the final fare for ticketing.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Keller281
I
The fares were shown again at the same amount in Thai Bhats at my first checking. But, by the time I finished the transaction, it came out like $10 less than Expedia.
I was so tired of the hassles and I did not bother to call EK reservations to ask them, while the quote was less than the final fare for ticketing.
What was the interval between first checking and making the transaction? Not sure of what you paid for the tickets and looking at random dates in April the price of 2 F rtn tickets comes in around US$24k (791k Th Bhts). A change of $190 is around 0.8% and does not seem excessive given flucuations in exchange rates.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:23 pm

My whole transaction was like within 2/3 hrs of each others.

I always thought that Expedia shows lower fares...And once I ticketed with them, I went online to check on EK website, to find the fares, like I posted, $200 less per person. Thus, I cancelled Expedia. Booked directly with EK.
Within a few hours of each others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.