Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Miles for Arsenal FC tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:51 am
Original Poster

HI all - any help or experience would be useful.

Decided to redeem some miles to take my son to a Premier league match. Given difficulty getting tickets using the mile this way worth it to me - especially when I still need pay flights from Ireland.

Anyway found a match to suit and have entered all our details - but at final stage keep getting an error message that a technical error has occurred, try later. Called Emirates and was answered in manchester but they can't help. Have emailed Dubai and now waiting.

Does anyone have similar experience and/or know if there is a way to get the tickets ordered by phone before the domestic flights here get too expensive.

Thx
John
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:42 am

Sorry I have no idea.

Did you find much luck? There is no value in purchasing arsenal tickets with miles.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

They emailed after 5 days and said it was a tech error but game gone.

Realise on value but if you don't fly often then using them other ways gives a resemblance of value.

In the end bought Real Madrid in March. Got the corporate box which seeme retail over €300 per seat so happy to get the vip experience.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:37 am

Good point.

How many miles was that?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamjaruk
Good point.

How many miles was that?
15000 per ticket. could have just got a seat and no experience for less but i treat ing my son, may as well go all the way.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by refjohn1
15000 per ticket. could have just got a seat and no experience for less but i treat ing my son, may as well go all the way.
Pretty good value IMO...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.