Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Amenities Kit in Business Class - BKK to HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Recently returned from LHR to BKK and inadvertently left the provided amenities kit gift set in the limo.

My question is does Emirates provide the same amenities kit on the short route from BKK to HKG which we will be taking next month?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: EK Silver
I doubt EK would provide an amenities kit for such a short length.

I flew AKL to SYD in J and was not provided with an amenities kit (I didn't expect one either). The flight time from AKL to SYD is approximately 3.5 hours.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by albion8844
My question is does Emirates provide the same amenities kit on the short route from BKK to HKG which we will be taking next month?
Unfortunately not. Only on nighttime flights estimated to be more than 7 hours or so or ultra long haul flights.

Though you don't have much reason to fear - there are several on this board who have a trunk full of them which they have been donating to local charities. Drop in your co-ordinates and I'm sure one of the generous folks here would be happy to oblige you with one...
Old Sep 14, 2014, 2:41 am

Programs: EK Platinum - SPG Platinum
If you don't plan to fly EK anytime soon and you really want the amenities gift bag... I have a few dozens at home that I usually sell at charity events and donate the money for a good cause.

I will be very pleased to send you for free a couple of them.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by plemos
I will be very pleased to send you for free a couple of them.
Are these gender specific? I collected two of these on my recent trip and when I gave one to my wife she made the comment that the contents were very male specific.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by MBDublin
Are these gender specific? I collected two of these on my recent trip and when I gave one to my wife she made the comment that the contents were very male specific.

Male and female version . You can always ask for the female version if you don't plan to use yours ( ie the male version)
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Unfortunately not. Only on nighttime flights estimated to be more than 7 hours or so or ultra long haul flights.

Though you don't have much reason to fear - there are several on this board who have a trunk full of them which they have been donating to local charities. Drop in your co-ordinates and I'm sure one of the generous folks here would be happy to oblige you with one...
I recently received one on the NBO-DXB night flight in J. Block time is 5 hours. Maybe it was just luck? I definitely did not receive on on the morning flight out of DXB.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold
My wife likes the F class male amenity kits better cause the material looks nicer
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by PDX973
My wife likes the F class male amenity kits better cause the material looks nicer
Ya - unfortunately, not much difference between the F & J ladies amenity kits.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Ya - unfortunately, not much difference between the F & J ladies amenity kits.
or the male except ones material and ones leather in fact I think they are identical.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by m3red
or the male except ones material and ones leather in fact I think they are identical.
Yes, the contents are the same for F and J for both gentlemen and ladies. Only the F Gents kit is made out of leather while the J is fabric.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:52 pm

Recently returned from LHR to BKK and inadvertently left the provided amenities kit gift set in the limo.

Didn't know that Emirates actually flies that route! Will be taking EK the next time I fly BBK HKG.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by LifeontheBeach
Didn't know that Emirates actually flies that route! Will be taking EK the next time I fly BBK HKG.
They do, once daily as an add-on to DXB-BKK on EK384/385.

No amenity kit however.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Just ask nicely. You might be pleasantly surprised.

As a connecting flight, there might be some leftovers from the previous flight.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: United 1K , Emirates Platinum, Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Did that route a few times and there was no ammenity kit handed out only when I continued on the return flight and continued to DXB it was handed out in BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.