GIG/DXB In-flight Service

Old Sep 8, 14, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
GIG/DXB In-flight Service

As an information sharing tread. I was recently on a GIG-DXB flight in Y.

Most times when traveling in Y, I don't have very high expectations and understands when my drinks takes a bit longer.

However basic service standards, should not be compromised. The flight I was on had FAs whom don't smile at all, and have a surly look on their faces every time they need to "water or feed" the cattles.

Also a old lady from HK I believe (looks about 70+) and her grandson, was sitting next to me. It was soon obvious that this was most likely her first trip so far from home. After the flight had taken off, no amenity kit was given. 12 hours later still no kit given out, that's when I asked the FA where are the amenity kits? She was kind enough to get 3 kits for us, after telling that the kits were not issued due to in-sufficient stock for the flight. I did't need mine (plan to hit the shower after landing), but it's obvious the old lady was extremely grateful for the toothbrush.

I just can't understand why the difference sector service levels? DXB/LHR, DXB/CDG, DXB/SIN are all excellent (in both J and Y class). Does anyone who takes the EZE-GIG-DXB flight encounter the same?
Old Sep 10, 14, 8:33 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Crew mood is a hit or miss, but I've always had amenity flights on long flights with EK. Maybe the plane really wasn't loaded with enough stock for the return leg?

Search this Thread