Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business services in BRU?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:01 pm
e20
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K 1MM, HHonor ex-Gold, IC ex-Plat.
Question Business services in BRU?

As the connection to Brussels will open in a couple of days, do we already know whether there will be a lounge (either Emirates or a partner one) and the chauffeur service?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:24 am
e20
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K 1MM, HHonor ex-Gold, IC ex-Plat.
replying to myself after the flight.

The chauffeur drive is available in Brussels indeed but not through the web interface, you need to open a case in customer support.

The lounge is the Brussels Airline one. The boarding pass gives you access to the fast lane at the security checks.

As usual in Brussels, bag handling has no clue about the priority tag...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
HI, I flew out of BRU twice in the last month.

Chauffeur service is available, now bookable through MMB online (Mercedes E class for business, S class for First). The lounge is indeed the overly crowed Brussels Airlines lounge in B terminal (several lounghaul flights leave around the same time, TK to IST, SN to DLA/KIN, charters to Miami/Punta Cana, etc, all using the same lounge).

Fast lane access is now printed on the boarding pass (during my first trip, they put a sticker on your bp) and is available for business and first, though I'm not sure Gold in Y will get it.

Baggage handling out of BRU is standard: priority tag for Gold, Business, First. Baggage handling into BRU is also standard: your priority bag may be the last to come of the belt. As usually the handlers don't care about priority tags (regardless of the airline) and the wait can be considerable. (again, when EK arrives in BRU several other long haul flights arrive and they seem to be constantly understaffed).

Watch out for some nation wide strikes that will be launched between now and December because of the newly elected government that proposes some reforms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.