Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Questions for upcoming F trip from DXB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: RIP

Im eagerly awaiting my first first class on EK and wondered a few things.

Will the limo transfers allow me to bring 1 or 2 extra guests based on experience to/from DXB airport, and at outstations?

Having a 7 am flight out of DXB limo pickup is scheduled at 4 am! Would the lounge be that good its worth it, or rather sleep another 90 minutes as hotel is nearby?

Would EK allow visitors to F cabin for meeting/drinks/food? If reluctant, does it help if Im the only person in the cabin?

Thanks^
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hi there,

The F class lounge at DXB is certainly a very pleasant place in which to wait for your flight, and I consider it impressive. As to you whether or not you should stay in your hotel bed for another 90 mins or so, I'd say that's very much a matter of personal choice (if you value your sleep as much as I do, you will want to get as much as possible). You may find however that the actual pick-up time is imposed by Emirates based on your flight departure.

The First class cabin - including its catering facilities - is for passengers who have a first class ticket. It's not some sort of general meeting or social area to which you invite 'guests'. I'm not clear why you assume you will be the only person in the cabin, or why you feel that this would make any difference even if it happened to be the case.

I will leave others to clarify the exact position regarding additional passengers (ie those not eligible in their own right) in the chauffeured cars. I haven't had occasion to test this out myself, but from anecdotal evidence I understand it might well be allowed.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:38 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by skaya
Having a 7 am flight out of DXB limo pickup is scheduled at 4 am! Would the lounge be that good its worth it, or rather sleep another 90 minutes as hotel is nearby?
I would probably stay another 90 minutes as I think the standard breakfast fare dished out in the lounge is fairly ordinary. Personally, I'd rather sleep a bit more and then go off to enjoy the buffet spread in a nice hotel before heading out to the airport.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
If it's your first time, of course you should go early. It gives you the pleasure of dreaming about how great it would be to be there in the evening and enjoy dinner, wine and champagne.

The second time, I would sleep in at the hotel.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Would EK allow visitors to F cabin for meeting/drinks/food? If reluctant, does it help if Im the only person in the cabin?
Definately not! This isn't BA
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by subject2load
Hi there,

The F class lounge at DXB is certainly a very pleasant place in which to wait for your flight, and I consider it impressive. As to you whether or not you should stay in your hotel bed for another 90 mins or so, I'd say that's very much a matter of personal choice (if you value your sleep as much as I do, you will want to get as much as possible). You may find however that the actual pick-up time is imposed by Emirates based on your flight departure.

The First class cabin - including its catering facilities - is for passengers who have a first class ticket. It's not some sort of general meeting or social area to which you invite 'guests'. I'm not clear why you assume you will be the only person in the cabin, or why you feel that this would make any difference even if it happened to be the case.

I will leave others to clarify the exact position regarding additional passengers (ie those not eligible in their own right) in the chauffeured cars. I haven't had occasion to test this out myself, but from anecdotal evidence I understand it might well be allowed.
Seat map is showing only my seat taken very close to departure. And all other seats shows available on EKs site. If no other pax in cabin a guest would at least disturb anyone, having a drink at the ottoman.

I will enquire about a later pick up but the terms say they cant be changed and they will only wait 15 min after the 3h prior.

Originally Posted by jackiedada
I would probably stay another 90 minutes as I think the standard breakfast fare dished out in the lounge is fairly ordinary. Personally, I'd rather sleep a bit more and then go off to enjoy the buffet spread in a nice hotel before heading out to the airport.
Problem is that I guess no hotels would have the brekfast ready that early (7 am departure).

Originally Posted by johhenrik
If it's your first time, of course you should go early. It gives you the pleasure of dreaming about how great it would be to be there in the evening and enjoy dinner, wine and champagne.

The second time, I would sleep in at the hotel.
I think you are spot on. Tried numerous F lounges but not the EK one.

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Definately not! This isn't BA
Hehe, you understand its my first EK F
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I wouldn't read too much into the seat map, it's no guaranteed indicator of how things eventually pan out on the day. Things can change significantly even close to departure, pax often use their miles to upgrade at check-in (I was joined by a number of 'late additions' to the F cabin on a CHC-SYD sector in exactly such a scenario) and there are even occasional J-F op-ops to Plat status pax depending on loads.

All that said, your 'invitation' idea is - as stated by DYKWIA - a complete no-no anyway with EK.

Have a good trip ^
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by subject2load
All that said, your 'invitation' idea is - as stated by DYKWIA - a complete no-no anyway with EK.
I wouldn't say it's a no no. My friend was all alone in F and had a friend of his travelling in Y. His friend was allowed to sit with him during dinner and enjoy a couple of drinks etc. So I would say it is all up to the crew. Just be polite, don't expect it etc.

I have done it myself as well, but not on EK, so anything is possible with a smile and a good attitude. Last time I asked, on BA, my friend was allowed to sit the whole trip on row 1 with me, except during take-off and landing. He got the full service etc and it was an almost full flight in all cabins.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Sharing the limo a few times have been fine. F cabin on 777 doesnt have an ottoman, so isnt made for shared seating anyway.

Now looking fwd to the EK F lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:28 am

Not a dice (refer to my experience with this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21225325-post1.html ). Once in the past I witnessed a couple invited by their friends in F that drove another F passenger off the wall because of all the motion/noise/aisle blocking.

BTW where you heading to?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold
I've only been to the F lounge in B but I think its worth it for your first time. Check it out, experience it and enjoy.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

EK F lounge was worth the 4 am pickup for sampling it. Had the F cabin for myself = private jet bridge

Had a friend over in the next suite for take off actually. Great crew.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Had a friend over in the next suite for take off actually. Great crew.
Good for you n that the crew allowed it. Never seen it happen in my several years of flying (though only occasional F)
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Good for you n that the crew allowed it. Never seen it happen in my several years of flying (though only occasional F)
I have been allowed to do this once. I was also the only passenger in F. I suspect that the empty cabin helped.( as there are no other F pax who can complain). Managed to give a tour of my F suite/showers/ F social area to a friend who was travelling in J on the same flight.

Had another Flight ( I think there were 3 or maybe 4 pax in the F cabin including myself)in which someone else was allowed to bring in a guest. One of the other pax (I suspect he was an I/O) was extremely annoyed about this and was having a word with the purser.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.