Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My chauffeur drive to BKK yesterday no-showed, so I took hotel car. Car service called while I was en route to apologize, blamed it on traffic. I responded, "it's Bangkok, on Sukhumvit, of course there's traffic." A representative met me at the airport and reimbursed for the hotel car service in cash.
Originally Posted by Nizar
Anyone flown to/from CDG recently in F ?
Which car(s) have you had ?
I was picked up in an S class last week. Terrible traffic at CDG on a Sunday morning.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
My chauffeur drive to BKK yesterday no-showed, so I took hotel car. Car service called while I was en route to apologize, blamed it on traffic. I responded, "it's Bangkok, on Sukhumvit, of course there's traffic." A representative met me at the airport and reimbursed for the hotel car service in cash.

I was picked up in an S class last week. Terrible traffic at CDG on a Sunday morning.
Impressed that they met you and reimbursed you in cash!
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Impressed that they met you and reimbursed you in cash!
Yeah 2300 THB. I suspect they were worried I would complain to Emirates and they would lose the contract.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Do the drivers allow you to bring extra passengers, if the pickup and drop-off is at the same locations? Is there a surcharge for this?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dennisthemenace
Do the drivers allow you to bring extra passengers, if the pickup and drop-off is at the same locations? Is there a surcharge for this?
In most cases they don't mind. I've picked up both non-EK pax and pax flying in Y in the CD cars and the driver never had a problem in LHR or in DXB.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yeah not had an issue with this at VIE or BOM in the past, even where in BOM I dropped off my friend enroute to the airport (just gave her a lift to a more central area to catch a cab). Drivers don't mind
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:41 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
More PAX than usual using CD a few weeks ago in BKK arriving on EK419. I ended up in an AOT MB.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by WLG Base
More PAX than usual using CD a few weeks ago in BKK arriving on EK419. I ended up in an AOT MB.
As in your CD was the AOT MB (minibus?) or you gave up and didn't use the CD?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by rowanparker
As in your CD was the AOT MB (minibus?) or you gave up and didn't use the CD?
I'm assuming that means "Mercedes Benz." If AOT, that would be an E class; their more upscale vehicle is the 7 series BMW.

I got an E arriving BKK in F last week, which was mildly disappointing. They were super disorganized.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:46 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm assuming that means "Mercedes Benz." If AOT, that would be an E class; their more upscale vehicle is the 7 series BMW.

I got an E arriving BKK in F last week, which was mildly disappointing. They were super disorganized.
I got an E Class. Only one person taking pax out to the cars. I had to wait inside then I had to wait outside in the heat waiting for a car to arrive. I was travelling in F.

I had an E Class pick me up as well for trip back to the airport.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:38 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dennisthemenace
I've only ever had 1 driver not accept a non-flying passenger ride along to the airport to LHR, something about insurance coverage not extending to unticketed passengers.
Old May 12, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Pretty average experience to LGW today. No phone call a day or two before, 15 min late as had ignored postcode and ended up at a similar address 15km away. On and off the brakes the whole way and then insisted on cash for the excess mileage at the airport after EK had assured me that credit card was fine. Carey Cars need to up their game in my opinion
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 11:52 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Pretty average experience to LGW today. No phone call a day or two before, 15 min late as had ignored postcode and ended up at a similar address 15km away. On and off the brakes the whole way and then insisted on cash for the excess mileage at the airport after EK had assured me that credit card was fine. Carey Cars need to up their game in my opinion
Where did you come from? And how was ‘excess mileage’ calculated? I did LHR to Canterbury a few weeks ago. That was over 90 driven miles, but inside the 70 mile radius (the red circle on the webpage). I had called in earlier to ask about radius vs driven miles and was assured it was radius. Again asked in the ‘waiting lounge’ at LHR if I was within the free allowance and they confirmed that no extra charge was applicable. Longest CD drive I’ve ever had with a very good driver. Carey delivered well in that instance (and the driver got a well earned good tip).

My next CD will be Canterbury to LGW, which is ‘only’ about 67 driven miles, so inside the allowance from both points of view.
Old May 12, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
The charge was fine - I am outside the 70mile radius and I had been given the amount to be charged accurately by EK when I phoned them earlier in the week. My issue was in the poor organisation and poor driver from Carey. It was lucky I had the cash on me even though EK had assured me that a credit card would be fIne.
i am within the radius from LHR but on this occasion the fare difference was large enough to make the CD issues worth it!
The crew on today’s flight are also excellent which makes this a minor moan
Old May 13, 2019, 2:04 am

From the last fortnight.

Home to SYD - Right on the new 80km limit, Holden Caprice
Hotel to BKK - Mercedes E-class
SYD to home - Again, just under 80km limit, Hyundai Genesis

Certainly a noticeable different in vehicles, Thailand vs Australia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.