Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:48 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
The chauffeur drive feature on the EK website was changed a bit a few months ago.
The distance allowed used to be either 'driven miles' or 'radius'. But now it says 'distance covered' (which suggests 'driven miles') and at the same time shows a red circle (which suggests 'radius'). Any idea what it actually is?
I need to go from LHR to Canterbury. Canterbury is within the 'red circle'. But at the same time, it is 111 driven miles! I have booked a car on MMB (there are two of us, on separate PNR's, but of course only one car booked). What will happen on arrival at LHR? Also, for some other destinations the website gives a rate per excess mile to be paid to the driver, but for LHR it just says 'includes all London postcodes 'and nothing about excess mileage. So will they just refuse to take us?
Normally we fly to LGW, which is less than 70 driven miles, so not an issue. But there were no J Saver fares to LGW available when we booked, hence the change to LHR.

In the past we have happily paid excess mileage in AMS, so I am not averse to paying for the excess now either. But I don't want to find out on arrival that we have to take the tube to Victoria, a train to Canterbury East and taxi or walk home.....
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:35 am

I don't know the answer, but it is still using the terms "driven miles" and "radius" for some airports (EDI and GLA respectively). The map for Edinburgh (driven miles) shows a 70 miles radius however so quite a mess.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Was hoping to use chauffeur drive for Sydney later this year. They allow for 40kms and my destination will be 46Kms from the airport.

Is it possible to pay for the extra mileage and where can I find this out please?

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by daisymay2
Was hoping to use chauffeur drive for Sydney later this year. They allow for 40kms and my destination will be 46Kms from the airport.

Is it possible to pay for the extra mileage and where can I find this out please?

Thanks!
The EK website indicates a 40km radius, not necessarily driven km. Furthermore the CD page for Sydney in the T&Cs specifies:

Excess mileage payment to be made in cash or by credit card directly to the driver.
This page can also be reached by following the link in the Wiki of this very thread, generally with a bit of research this type of info can be found quite easily
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:05 pm

Anybody know who they use in LAX?

TD
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
I am flying to Bangkok tomorrow (from dxb) but somehow i dont see the 'pickup' in BKk available. I see the pickup in Dubai for tomorrow but not the BKK one. I do see the pickup in bangkok in a few months available so surely there is Chauffeur drive available. Why cant i see the one for tomorrow? Now i am not sure if i have one confirmed or not.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:55 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by itisme
I am flying to Bangkok tomorrow (from dxb) but somehow i dont see the 'pickup' in BKk available. I see the pickup in Dubai for tomorrow but not the BKK one. I do see the pickup in bangkok in a few months available so surely there is Chauffeur drive available. Why cant i see the one for tomorrow? Now i am not sure if i have one confirmed or not.
Maybe you haven't
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by itisme
Are you saying you've previously booked the Chauffeur, and it's disappeared from your booking? If you haven't previously booked, then you won't be able to as you have to give 48 hours notice.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Thanks. I phoned EK and they said it was within the mileage radius.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Are you saying you've previously booked the Chauffeur, and it's disappeared from your booking? If you haven't previously booked, then you won't be able to as you have to give 48 hours notice.
Just checked the app and did see it there! So no more worries. Guess it's one of those IT issues ;-) On the site it doesn't show where the app does.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:53 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Although the official cutoff time is indeed 48 hours, I have once been able to organise a pick up with less than 24 hours notice in AMS by contacting the provider directly (the number having been supplied by the EK call centre). The provider told me they could organise this up to T-12 when the list would become ‘final’.
Most likely this will not work everywhere, but it might be worth callin EK when you are ‘in a pickle’.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:17 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
A reminder for anyone who hasn't booked their CD and the below applies to them:

"Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades. This extends to replacement Chauffeur-drive reservations for any flight re-booked after 1 March 2019. Chauffeur-drive reservations completed prior to 1 March 2019 in conjunction with flights after 1 March 2019 will not be impacted."
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Zol
A reminder for anyone who hasn't booked their CD and the below applies to them:

"Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades. This extends to replacement Chauffeur-drive reservations for any flight re-booked after 1 March 2019. Chauffeur-drive reservations completed prior to 1 March 2019 in conjunction with flights after 1 March 2019 will not be impacted."
Does it mean that if I book an award flight today I still get chauffeur-drive? When searching online that service is no longer advertised for miles redemptions...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Does it mean that if I book an award flight today I still get chauffeur-drive? When searching online that service is no longer advertised for miles redemptions...
Yes, today is the last day to can book an award and get the chauffeur drive.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat
My chauffeur trip booked on Qantas award in January has disappeared from MMB in the EK site. It was there yesterday and it told me I had only 1 of 2 trips booked. Today nada.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.