Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Where would you get the bus from? I assume it's meant for connecting passengers, so it would be before you got through transit security?

So, if you wanted to get from departures / airside in T3 to departures / airside in T1, you'd first need to go the "wrong way" through transit security in T3, then get the bus, then go through T1 transit security. And then the reverse to get back to T3. Not something I'd like to try
Exactly.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:27 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by xobile
OK good to know. The infant can be in her seat in the middle so that's part is ok. We definitely will have more bags than can fit in a car for sure though. I guess I can just hope that send an suv, as they did for the pickup. If I do call, should I mention that I have extra passengers? I don't mind going to one location vs two, I guess that depends on the driver and if they are OK with it, or if they are being watched by GPS to make sure they go only one place. I don't want to get them in trouble of course.
Just let EK know you have lots of luggage and request a bigger car without any further details.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:21 pm

I may be confused on something I read so I am looking for clarity.

We are taking EK from DXB-LAX and thought I read they can not pick up at the airport. Is that correct? If so, where do they pick you up?

Thanks
TD

Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:40 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I may be confused on something I read so I am looking for clarity.

We are taking EK from DXB-LAX and thought I read they can not pick up at the airport. Is that correct? If so, where do they pick you up?

Thanks
TD

You are entitled to airport drop off at DXB and a pickup at LAX unless you booked using AS award which is exempt.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Zol
You are entitled to airport drop off at DXB and a pickup at LAX unless you booked using AS award which is exempt.
But they can pick us up at LAX airport, I presume right outside the customs/baggage claim doors? We dont have to meet they somewhere else away from LAX?

TD
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:09 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

But they can pick us up at LAX airport, I presume right outside the customs/baggage claim doors? We dont have to meet they somewhere else away from LAX?

TD
It depends a bit on the outstation how it is organised. But yes, in general its exactly like that. As soon as you emerge from airside there should either be a row of drivers, one of whom will carry a sign with your name or some sign pointing you to a desk where your driver meets you. Very simple, they do this every day,
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by dcmike
DOH! Well, that solves that problem! Thank you both!
Qataris would agree...
BadoRas likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Qataris would agree...

Sshh, we don't talk about them here
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Sorry if it have been asked before,

Does a QF operated flight (purchased through Emirates) from Sin to Mel eligible for Chauffeur Drive ?

EK on EK options timing is not really nice as it arrive waay too early
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7

Does a QF operated flight (purchased through Emirates) from Sin to Mel eligible for Chauffeur Drive ?

No, CD is a service provided by the operating carrier
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by kaizen7

For timing reasons (wanting to depart at roughly the same time as a friend returning to DXB on EK355 in early March), I have stooped very low and booked myself in J on EK5036 SIN-MEL, a QF operated flight. I normally avoid Qantas like the plague, but sadly unavoidable this time.

I booked a chauffer service online on the Qantas website, using my QF booking reference generated for the SIN-MEL leg, and it confirmed the booking. Knowing Qantas as being inherently unreliable, I called to confirm the validity of the booking and I was told it was definitely confirmed and that a driver will be there to take me the 135km to my home. They understood that I am a Skywards member flying QF metal for the last leg of my trip.

The trick here is that Qantas makes the service available, not Emirates. Yes EK CD cannot be booked, but Qantas does provide a separate service (for a price!) to people like kaizen7 and myself. I don't know how the costs compare, I'm assuming it's not outrageously different to EK.

Having said all this, I know what Qantas is like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and at the same time updating the Uber app on my phone!!
kaizen7 likes this.

Last edited by BadoRas; Feb 3, 2019 at 4:26 pm
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Interesting, Does this paid CD service can be booked for any routes (sin-mel) ?
Travel will be on either j or f though.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by BadoRas
For timing reasons (wanting to depart at roughly the same time as a friend returning to DXB on EK355 in early March), I have stooped very low and booked myself in J on EK5036 SIN-MEL, a QF operated flight. I normally avoid Qantas like the plague, but sadly unavoidable this time.

I booked a chauffer service online on the Qantas website, using my QF booking reference generated for the SIN-MEL leg, and it confirmed the booking. Knowing Qantas as being inherently unreliable, I called to confirm the validity of the booking and I was told it was definitely confirmed and that a driver will be there to take me the 135km to my home. They understood that I am a Skywards member flying QF metal for the last leg of my trip.

The trick here is that Qantas makes the service available, not Emirates. Yes EK CD cannot be booked, but Qantas does provide a separate service (for a price!) to people like kaizen7 and myself. I don't know how the costs compare, I'm assuming it's not outrageously different to EK.

Having said all this, I know what Qantas is like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and at the same time updating the Uber app on my phone!!
Well the EK one is free (up to a defined distance)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:59 am

For LAX they say up to 50 miles free. If my drop-off is 100 miles from LAX do I just pay for an extra 50? Is there any cost associated with the extra miles they will need to drive back?

TD
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:16 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
For LAX they say up to 50 miles free. If my drop-off is 100 miles from LAX do I just pay for an extra 50? Is there any cost associated with the extra miles they will need to drive back?

TD
Paying for additional mileage is not accepted everywhere. I suggest you contact the EK call centre to enquire about LAX (or quite possibly someone here can answer the question). If copayment is possible, it will be an amount per mile for each extra mile one-way. The amount obviously includes the cost of the return trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.