Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I see this has now become the Chauffeur Drive notification discussion thread

Zol and BadoRas like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by Zol
Not necessarily, whilst I have had a confirmation call in SYD that was more as they wanted to alter my pick-up time (it was too early a pickup for EK415), I seldom get a call anywhere but I do get a text in DXB.
90% of the time I get a call 24 hours out, and yes, always a text in Dubai
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
I'm flying into ATH in J later this year and note that there doesn't seem to be any CD service there. A bit of a disappointment (but I'm quite au fait with the train).

Can anyone advise why ATH is not included?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
I'm flying into ATH in J later this year and note that there doesn't seem to be any CD service there. A bit of a disappointment (but I'm quite au fait with the train).

Can anyone advise why ATH is not included?
Could be for a number of reasons. Cost of providing the service, availability of suitable service providers, market demand for it, etc
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: EY
Apologies if this has been asked before, I tried searching this thread but couldn't find an answer. I'm flying into Chicago next week, I'm in business and booked a chauffeur. I have three family members (including one infant) with a different last name, who are traveling on the same flight as me, though in Economy and on a different PNR. We live about 5 minutes apart. Is it possible for them to ride with me in the same vehicle to both our homes? I suspect a car would be too small, but an SUV might work. I'm curious if this (passengers not on the original invoice/booking traveling in the vehicle) would be permissible to Emirates, for ticketing, pricing, legal, safety, etc reasons. Or since the drivers are contracted, if it would just be a matter between me and them. Of course I'll tip well, $50 or so, for the trouble. If so, is there a number I can contact regarding this, i.e. directly to the company? Since I'm currently overseas, I fear if they call me, I may not receive the call. I'm afraid of calling Emirates directly in fear of them saying no and putting a note on my file. I looked through the terms and conditions of the chauffeur drive and didn't see anything for or against such actions.

Last edited by xobile; Jan 29, 2019 at 8:59 pm
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:54 pm

Other passenger(s) are certainly OK, but I think you're pushing it a bit with 3 extra, and even more so if you try to specify a larger vehicle. I would also recommend one drop off point and let one party do the last 5 minutes under their own steam.

There are numbers in the OP, but I'm not sure if these are for the Chauffeur Co. or for Emirates. Contacting the Chauffeur Co. would be the way to go IMO, if you do try, I've never had a call you for an airport pick up - they know where you'll be and when already.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by ft101
Other passenger(s) are certainly OK, but I think you're pushing it a bit with 3 extra, and even more so if you try to specify a larger vehicle. I would also recommend one drop off point and let one party do the last 5 minutes under their own steam.

There are numbers in the OP, but I'm not sure if these are for the Chauffeur Co. or for Emirates. Contacting the Chauffeur Co. would be the way to go IMO, if you do try, I've never had a call you for an airport pick up - they know where you'll be and when already.
OK good to know. The infant can be in her seat in the middle so that's part is ok. We definitely will have more bags than can fit in a car for sure though. I guess I can just hope that send an suv, as they did for the pickup. If I do call, should I mention that I have extra passengers? I don't mind going to one location vs two, I guess that depends on the driver and if they are OK with it, or if they are being watched by GPS to make sure they go only one place. I don't want to get them in trouble of course.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Hi all - I saw something a few pages back about Emirates frowning on early pickups. I see online 4 hours is the earliest before the flight. I was hoping to go earlier to DXB with a companion on a different flight (on a different airline in business) so I could hang out with them at the airport before they left. Do you think if I wrote Emirates and asked, they'd do an earlier pick up? If not, no big deal, we can take a taxi.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by dcmike
Hi all - I saw something a few pages back about Emirates frowning on early pickups. I see online 4 hours is the earliest before the flight. I was hoping to go earlier to DXB with a companion on a different flight (on a different airline in business) so I could hang out with them at the airport before they left. Do you think if I wrote Emirates and asked, they'd do an earlier pick up? If not, no big deal, we can take a taxi.
Hang out where? Other airlines fly from other terminals and not a lot of landside hangout opportunities
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Hang out where? Other airlines fly from other terminals and not a lot of landside hangout opportunities
I thought Terminal 1 and 3 are connected airside and the lounge his airline uses is also a Priority Pass lounge, so we'd both check in and then meet at the lounge.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I thought Terminal 1 and 3 are connected airside and the lounge his airline uses is also a Priority Pass lounge, so we'd both check in and then meet at the lounge.
No - there is no airside connection anymore. T1 is now just Concourse D and that is used by non-EK airlines. T3 in Concourse A, B & C and used only by EK (maybe FlyDubai now also).
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
No - there is no airside connection anymore. T1 is now just Concourse D and that is used by non-EK airlines. T3 in Concourse A, B & C and used only by EK (maybe FlyDubai now also).
DOH! Well, that solves that problem! Thank you both!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: AC, AS; NEXUS+GE
Cairo?

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but given the number of EK daily flights, all with F cabins, why no CD at CAI?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
They are technically connected airside via bus. I don't think one needs to show a BP for the bus, but it takes forever and you need to clear security in each direction. You'd have to go airside at T3 also so go both ways by bus
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
They are technically connected airside via bus. I don't think one needs to show a BP for the bus, but it takes forever and you need to clear security in each direction. You'd have to go airside at T3 also so go both ways by bus
Where would you get the bus from? I assume it's meant for connecting passengers, so it would be before you got through transit security?

So, if you wanted to get from departures / airside in T3 to departures / airside in T1, you'd first need to go the "wrong way" through transit security in T3, then get the bus, then go through T1 transit security. And then the reverse to get back to T3. Not something I'd like to try

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.