Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by christianj
Just saw this on one of the blogs and happy I did because I have a Business Class award reservation in June from ATH-EWR that I had not booked the chauffeur service for. Just booked and reservation is confirmed. I would think if we booked previous to the 3/1 date and have a confirmation number that we are good to go.
I've also just made a CD booking for a reward flight in F that is in May - it states that the booking is confirmed. However I do remember several years ago having a confirmed CD booking in Australia that was cancelled by EK when the rules for eligibility for trans-Tasman itineraries were tightened up (even though it was part of a UK return trip).
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Looks like I’m getting in close to the end with my F award. Even with their bargaining power, the black sedans must be petty pricey for EK here in the SF Bay Area. Retail for my Berkeley to SFO trip is about $150 each way on Uber Black. I can see why they’re getting tired of shuttling us mileage cheapskates.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
I have a friend flying SIN-DXB on 6 March. She has already booked her trip and upgraded with miles 3 weeks ago Y to J. So it is an existing booking made well in advance of 1 March.

The wording of the changes references NEW bookings made after 1 March will be ineligible. So I can only assume that her booking made well before 1 March will be honoured even though the booking is for 5 days after 1 March.

She is nervous about a no-show and needs reassurance she will be picked up. I'm fairly confident her CD will be there for her, but I'd appreciate the opinion of others in this forum. Am I correct?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by BadoRas
I have a friend flying SIN-DXB on 6 March. She has already booked her trip and upgraded with miles 3 weeks ago Y to J. So it is an existing booking made well in advance of 1 March.

The wording of the changes references NEW bookings made after 1 March will be ineligible. So I can only assume that her booking made well before 1 March will be honoured even though the booking is for 5 days after 1 March.

She is nervous about a no-show and needs reassurance she will be picked up. I'm fairly confident her CD will be there for her, but I'd appreciate the opinion of others in this forum. Am I correct?
Yes 100% if she books her CD (wording refers to CD booking, not ticket) before 1 March it will be honoured evneif it's ojlo in August. This has also been explicitly confirmed by EK in Twitter, in an e-mail to travel agents and you can always call them and ask
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Thanks for that. Much appreciated
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by BadoRas

I think you're fine. If in doubt phone Emirates Customer Services. I had a similar problem last year with a £50 discount that I was due for booking before a cut off date. They honoured it.
David
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:21 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Whatever the case, they wouldn't confirm the booking and not turn up on the day. If the CD is confirmed (even if not eligible), the car will be there.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:25 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
This hasn't been discussed much yet. I will say that the GLA CD standards are much higher than the EDI ones. I've had two untidy cars from EDI so far. I've had a good mix in GLA, always sparkling clean and occasionally 7 Series/ S class in J. EDI I got a 2014 E Class estate twice.

Also does anyone else ask them not to send a MB Viano for J pickup (ex UK sometimes) when you're on your own? I find it hard to talk to the driver in those cars.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Zol
Whatever the case, they wouldn't confirm the booking and not turn up on the day. If the CD is confirmed (even if not eligible), the car will be there.
Yes, the email or text confirmation messages from the chauffeur service should come in a day or two before departure. If that happens, it’s on and no need to worry. I would be concerned, though, if there is no confirmation inside of 24 hours. Then I’d make some calls.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla
This hasn't been discussed much yet. I will say that the GLA CD standards are much higher than the EDI ones. I've had two untidy cars from EDI so far. I've had a good mix in GLA, always sparkling clean and occasionally 7 Series/ S class in J. EDI I got a 2014 E Class estate twice.
I haven't used EDI yet but will be arriving there in Y soon, so still won't test out the chauffeur service. Do you know what company they use?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:24 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dhuey

Yes, the email or text confirmation messages from the chauffeur service should come in a day or two before departure. If that happens, it’s on and no need to worry. I would be concerned, though, if there is no confirmation inside of 24 hours. Then I’d make some calls.
Not necessarily, whilst I have had a confirmation call in SYD that was more as they wanted to alter my pick-up time (it was too early a pickup for EK415), I seldom get a call anywhere but I do get a text in DXB.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:33 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Zol
Not necessarily, whilst I have had a confirmation call in SYD that was more as they wanted to alter my pick-up time (it was too early a pickup for EK415), I seldom get a call anywhere but I do get a text in DXB.
I always get a call in both CPT (Bidvest) and LGW (Carey)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:35 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ft101
I haven't used EDI yet but will be arriving there in Y soon, so still won't test out the chauffeur service. Do you know what company they use?
According to my drivers ‘We’re a new outfit. We supply our own cars’. That’s all the info I have but it’s clear that it’s not a big company and from what I’ve heard at GLA it was a bit of a sore point that the same company didn’t get the contract.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by thijsseh

I always get a call in both CPT (Bidvest) and LGW (Carey)
Agree - I always get calls at MAN, LGW, LHR,
Both times in SYD
Email at BKK every time
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by Will08
Agree - I always get calls at MAN, LGW, LHR,
Both times in SYD
Email at BKK every time
always get a text message at BKK and SIN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.