Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I don't understand this... you're definitely on Emirates? How can you be picked up at Abu Dhabi airport and get driven to your hotel?
Missed that. Figured it was connecting on separate tix
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I don't understand this... you're definitely on Emirates? How can you be picked up at Abu Dhabi airport and get driven to your hotel?
I arrive in Abu Dhabi on Etihad and leave Dubai a couple days later on Emirates F. I came across this in the T&C when booking;
  • Passengers from Abu Dhabi not wishing to travel at night may use Chauffeur-drive service either between Abu Dhabi and a hotel in Dubai, or a hotel in Dubai and Dubai International Airport
I asked and it took a minute, but they said they could pick me up in Abu Dhabi and take me to my hotel in Dubai. Guess they just can’t pick up at Abu Dhabi airport itself.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Matthova1

I arrive in Abu Dhabi on Etihad and leave Dubai a couple days later on Emirates F. I came across this in the T&C when booking;
  • Passengers from Abu Dhabi not wishing to travel at night may use Chauffeur-drive service either between Abu Dhabi and a hotel in Dubai, or a hotel in Dubai and Dubai International Airport
I asked and it took a minute, but they said they could pick me up in Abu Dhabi and take me to my hotel in Dubai. Guess they just can’t pick up at Abu Dhabi airport itself.
Interesting. . I've not seen that before.
Matthova1 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I had an indian number as contact for EK chauffeur drive but all messages emails went to Mrs .UK doctor. She had a UK mobile which was luckily on roaming .
Even my India number was ignored although I gave it while booking the India chauffeur drive. Everything was sent to my UK number which was in the passenger profile.
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by 678flyer
Even my India number was ignored although I gave it while booking the India chauffeur drive. Everything was sent to my UK number which was in the passenger profile.
The worst bit is that my 'UK' number for EK is not a normal UK number as I am offshore UK. This sometimes has a habit of not getting messages while roaming in India but calls work fine. . Mrs. ukdoctor has a number from EE UK which works fine in India.

The previous provider (carzonrent ) used to call on my Indian number that I used to give while booking chauffeur drive.

​​​
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Matthova1
  • Passengers from Abu Dhabi not wishing to travel at night
Are there night raiders on SZR between Abu Dhabi and Dubai?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
The traffic can be intimidating to someone not familiar. Accidents happen
Metanoia likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
The traffic can be intimidating to someone not familiar. Accidents happen
Yes, driving in Dubai is not for the faint of heart. Thankfully I lived in Los Angeles for 10 years...
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
11 years driving in Dubai as well as months on the SZR driving between Dubai and Taweelah turned me into a monster back home. The comparatively sedate Melbourne drivers had trouble with my cutting into narrow gaps, entering a carriageway with not too much room to spare, and other manoeuvres essential for getting from A to B in Dubai, but frowned upon in Australia.

Luckily, the Victoria Police did not notice my behaviour during the normalisation period when I arrived home!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
For flights which depart around 8-9am, going up to Dubai on the night before means you can wake up at a sensible time like 6am, rather than 4:30am. That can make a huge difference on how the rest of that day feels.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:16 am

Glasgow chauffeur drive

Hi, Does anyone have a clue on this? Previously the chauffeur drive allowed for travel to DD postcode areas (ie Dundee and north). Now that there is the Edinburgh flight which would cover North of DD are they being more strict in enforcing the 70mile radius rule from Glasgow?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Earlier pickup time

It’s my first time using the Emirates limo service and when I went to book the driver all they listed were times up to 5 hrs ahead of the flight. Sure, that‘s normally plenty of time, but I’ll be in Singapore for one flight and Dubai for another and I wanted to spend a little more time to see the airports, maybe do some shopping, enjoy all that the lounges have to offer, take a shower etc.

Is there a way to have them change the pickup time? Or do I just wait till I get to the airport and someone with Emirates there can do it? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:38 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by walttom
It’s my first time using the Emirates limo service and when I went to book the driver all they listed were times up to 5 hrs ahead of the flight. Sure, that‘s normally plenty of time, but I’ll be in Singapore for one flight and Dubai for another and I wanted to spend a little more time to see the airports, maybe do some shopping, enjoy all that the lounges have to offer, take a shower etc.

Is there a way to have them change the pickup time? Or do I just wait till I get to the airport and someone with Emirates there can do it? Thanks.

Sure you can, book it online then ring them and prepone the pickup. There might be a limit but I don't know what that is, definitely no more than 24 hours.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Thanks. I sure won’t need 24 hrs. But a few more hours to explore the airport and savour the lounges is wat I want. It’s not business; just a pleasure trip. And I want to maximize the pleasure.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:22 am

Looks like Emirates eliminates chauffeur on their own awards starting from March, 2019.
Emirates to eliminate chauffeur service on award tickets ? Premium Miles
Disclaimer: I own the blog, but you don't need to click through to get the point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.