Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:28 am

Question Tip in NYC

Will be flying into JFK for the first time later this month. Similar question as a few previous posters: to tip or not to tip the CD driver?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by liem22
Will be flying into JFK for the first time later this month. Similar question as a few previous posters: to tip or not to tip the CD driver?
In the US, the tip is included - see the CD T&Cs.
liem22 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I'll be arriving at ICN and I booked the chauffeur to take me into town. Anyone have experience with adding another passenger to the car at ICN? My girlfriend (not taking EK) would like to meet me at the airport and we go together in the car to the hotel. It seems possible at other locations, anyone have experience at ICN with this (adding another person)?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
I'll be arriving at ICN and I booked the chauffeur to take me into town. Anyone have experience with adding another passenger to the car at ICN? My girlfriend (not taking EK) would like to meet me at the airport and we go together in the car to the hotel. It seems possible at other locations, anyone have experience at ICN with this (adding another person)?
no problem, ive done this at ICN and the driver never batted an eyelid
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
no problem, ive done this at ICN and the driver never batted an eyelid
Thanks! Much appreciated feedback!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: EK Plat
BCN CD direct contact number?

Hi. Does anyone have the direct contact details for the CD service out of BCN? I looked at the wiki but that only has the EK ticketing office. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:36 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by gillyd22
Hi. Does anyone have the direct contact details for the CD service out of BCN? I looked at the wiki but that only has the EK ticketing office. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Wont the ticket office not be able to give you the direct CD provider contact number? They did that for me in AMS a few months ago.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: HHonorsGold, MarriottPlat, BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
We booked two Business class tickets to BKK, travelling together. For the chauffeur drive in BKK we would be further out and I’m thinking whether to book the Emirates chauffeur drive or something different, considering the additional cost. Does Emirates give a discount on the additional mileage cost, if you travel with one instead of two cars throughout your journey.....I only have excess mileage on one single trip out of the four. If so, how to best request that?

Last edited by MOZBOB; Sep 22, 2018 at 7:33 am Reason: Email notification
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MOZBOB
We booked two Business class tickets to BKK, travelling together. For the chauffeur drive in BKK we would be further out and I’m thinking whether to book the Emirates chauffeur drive or something different, considering the additional cost. Does Emirates give a discount on the additional mileage cost, if you travel with one instead of two cars throughout your journey.....I only have excess mileage on one single trip out of the four. If so, how to best request that?
Well if one car travels you only pay the excess on one vehicle, while if two travel you'd pay it for two. Why would they give you additional discount?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by MOZBOB
I don't know about BKK but they do wave additional mileage payment in other locations if you travel together. Just call EK and ask, they tend to refer this to their local office and provider.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Well if one car travels you only pay the excess on one vehicle, while if two travel you'd pay it for two. Why would they give you additional discount?
Because for EK it might be cheaper to cover your excess mileage on one car than pay for two cars' basic mileage!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:25 pm

I got an E-class (previous generation) for an F pick-up at DXB, which I was half expecting, but also ended up getting an E-class upon arrival at STN, which was listed as S-class for F in this thread.

Not the end of the world but it would be nice to get an S-class at some point!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: EK Plat
Update on BCN CD

Apparently, BCN CD does not call you. Once it was 10 mins past pick up time, I called EK. They would not give me the CD number but said they should be there and they would call them to find out what was happening!!! All was well in the end but without the call and no CD at the agreed time, I was somewhat nervous! Oh and it was a Merc E class, whatever that is! Cars mean nothing to me so long as my luggage fits in and I’m comfortable!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:50 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Apparently, BCN CD does not call you. Once it was 10 mins past pick up time, I called EK. They would not give me the CD number but said they should be there and they would call them to find out what was happening!!! All was well in the end but without the call and no CD at the agreed time, I was somewhat nervous! Oh and it was a Merc E class, whatever that is! Cars mean nothing to me so long as my luggage fits in and I’m comfortable!
Same here
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:11 pm

Emirates Chauffeur-drive only shows up for second segment?

Hi I am flying First Class with Emirates from Sydney to Dubai (stop a few days) then from Dubai to DC. When I do Manage Booking on emirates site, there's a popup that says Chauffeur-drive service for free. I clicked on it, but it only gives me options to be picked up from Dubai airport and DC airport on the second leg. Nothing for Sydney or Dubai when I arrive. Is this expected?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.