Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:01 pm

We are fly SFO-DXB-BOM outbound, no stopover, and DEL-DXB, 21 hour stopover, then DXB-SFO. The layover is not forced so I paid for a hotel night through Dubai Stopovers, and my invoice says shared coach transfer. Plus, when I go to my booking on EK website, it does not allow me to book a car in DXB.

Last edited by Globetrottngal; Jul 17, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Globetrottngal
We are fly SFO-DXB-BOM outbound, no stopover, and DEL-DXB, 21 hour stopover, then DXB-SFO. The layover is not forced so I paid for a hotel night through Dubai Stopovers, and my invoice says shared coach transfer. Plus, when I go to my booking on EK website, it does not allow me to book a car in DXB.
Ah ok, but are you in J or F? If so you will still get the chauffeur drive in DXB, just go to the CD desk, show your BP and they'll arrange a car, be sure to ask them about booking the return to the airport then and there if you want that, too.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Ah ok, but are you in J or F? If so you will still get the chauffeur drive in DXB, just go to the CD desk, show your BP and they'll arrange a car, be sure to ask them about booking the return to the airport then and there if you want that, too.
Our booking class is "O", business class.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:28 pm

Our booking class is "O", business class.
Yes by J I meant business class, regardless what type of revenue fare bucket (O = Saver). So as explained above, just go to the desk they'll have a car for you
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:45 pm

Yes by J I meant business class, regardless what type of revenue fare bucket (O = Saver). So as explained above, just go to the desk they'll have a car for you
Well, that's nice to know, thanks so much! But where is the CD desk?

I have flown EK business before but wasn't eligible for the car service, so I am clueless about it.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:13 pm

Well, that's nice to know, thanks so much! But where is the CD desk?

I have flown EK business before but wasn't eligible for the car service, so I am clueless about it.
As you exit customs to the right, there is clear signage.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:30 pm

As you exit customs to the right, there is clear signage.
Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:45 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Chauffeur drive on 20 hour layover in Dubai

I have a F ticket booked with a 20 hour layover on purpose. Land Sunday evening, departing Monday afternoon. However, its not letting me book the CD for Dubai. I know when I land I can just go to the CD desk and they'll arrange a car, but what about for the way back to the airport? Is there a way to book this if I call? Or am I SOL and need to take a cab/uber?

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:17 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by S.R
I have a F ticket booked with a 20 hour layover on purpose. Land Sunday evening, departing Monday afternoon. However, its not letting me book the CD for Dubai. I know when I land I can just go to the CD desk and they'll arrange a car, but what about for the way back to the airport? Is there a way to book this if I call? Or am I SOL and need to take a cab/uber?

Thanks!
Technically you are not entitled but if you call EK an agent should book it for you easy enough.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by S.R

Thanks!
Ask them at the airport when you arrive to book a car back for when you need it
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:01 pm

A few BKK-specific questions for those who might know:

1. I'm aware that BKK-HKG v.v. alone do not get chauffeur service. Would BKK-HKG-DXB (i.e. "the wrong way to DXB") be fine to get chauffeur at BKK?
2. If I'm leaving BKK at 1400, are they willing to send a car very early? Is there a number for the car service company that I can call in order to arrange?
3. Are the cars now reliably new, and not beaten up old bangers? I saw the reports of the latest E class further up, but not sure whether it's still pot luck

Also finally, have they started giving S classes to F class pax properly at DXB, or is it - again - pot luck?

Cheers
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:33 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I very recently had to make a change to the return leg of a J booking. The CD (ex AMS) had been booked already for the original flight, but the new booking was T-36 hours, hence not shown for booking on MMB. I called the CD provider in AMS, to see if something could be arranged and they advised me to phone EK as they would be able to book a car up to T-12. And indeed (it was now about T-30), a car was easily booked. And on top it was a MB S class with Maybach interior! I have the impression they use this for ‘long distance ‘ travel: both on the outbound and the inbound I got this car for a 130KM trip (obviously having to pay for the distance over the 65 KM included in the EK CD).

The CD on arrival (CPT) was automatically moved to the new flight (that of course was still outside the 48 hour window). A VW Passat with the driver keeping the radio on (until my ‘phone rang). Well, it could have been a VW transporter as I have had twice in the past.....

If this possibility to book inside T-48 via the call centre is universal I don’t know, but it is worth knowing. For what it’s worth, I am Skywards Gold.

Last edited by thijsseh; Jul 29, 2018 at 1:29 am
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I very recently had to make a change to the return leg of a J booking. The CD (ex AMS) had been booked already for the original flight, but the new booking was T-36 hours, hence not shown for booking on MMB. I called the CD provider in AMS, to see if something could be arranged and they advised me to phone EK as they would be able to book a car up to T-12. And indeed (it was now about T-30), a car was easily booked. And on top it was a MB S class with Maybach interior! I have the impression they use this for ‘long distance ‘ travel: both on the outbound and the inbound I got this car for a 130KM trip (obviously having to pay for the distance over the 65 KM included in the EK CD).

The CD on arrival (CPT) was automatically moved to the new flight (that of course was still outside the 48 hour window). A VW Passat with the driver keeping the radio on (until my ‘phone rang). Well, it could have been a VW transporter as I have had twice in the past.....

If this possibility to book inside T-48 via the call centre is universal I don’t know, but it is worth knowing. For what it’s worth, I am Skywards Gold.
Just ask the driver to turn off the radio, usually not an issue
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:15 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Just ask the driver to turn off the radio, usually not an issue
Agree, but IMO the default should be that the radio is off!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:27 am

Just wondering if Emirates plan on introducing a chauffeur service with their new EDI flight?

Given that GLA has the service, I would assume they will, but I haven't read anything official from EK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.