Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
To answer my own question, I couldn't see a single S class in the entire CD area upon arrival - only the E classes and the 5 series (and a handful of Volvos dotted around).
What time were you there?

I see 2 or 3 of them whenever I fly in from ISB, around 12 noon. They're very hard to spot, and usually parked far apart from each other, but I've seen them.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by murtaza12

I see 2 or 3 of them whenever I fly in from ISB, around 12 noon. They're very hard to spot, and usually parked far apart from each other, but I've seen them.
I actually got chauffeured to AUH in an S class, but only because I actively scouted one to get value for the cash spent on my J->F upgrade. It had a maybach interior which was extremely surprising coming from EY’s basic trim Audi’s and now Mercs.

Last edited by DatBoi; Feb 21, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:15 am

I arrived at around 5am, and there were a lot of cars waiting in the CD area.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by datboi

i actually got chauffeured give auh in an s class, but only because i actively scouted one to get value for the cash spent on my j->f upgrade. It had a maybach interior which was extremely surprising coming from ey’s basic trim audi’s and now mercs.
^

​​​​​​​
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
What car is been provided for F in Milan?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LaFerrari
What car is been provided for F in Milan?
It's all mentioned on the first page.

Destination: MXP (Milan Malpensa Airport)
Cabin: J (Business Class) / F (First Class)
Vehicle(s): Mercedes Benz E-Class / Audi A6 / Mercedes Benz S-Class / Mercedes Benz Viano / Volkswagen Transporter
-Reservation/Call Center: +39 02 914 83383
-Airport Office: +39 02 7486 6425 / +39 02 7486 6096
-Mileage: 100 km from MXP
LaFerrari likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Just off the phone to Bidvest who are providing the CD at JNB.

Currently have Mercedes C-class, Audi A4, VW Passat and Kombi (Bus) available for both J and F pax.

I am pretty sure that I've had a Mercedes E-Class before but was told "for your group [I am in F] those are the cars. Others are there only for iO - invitation only passengers".
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by XXTSGR
Just off the phone to Bidvest who are providing the CD at JNB.

Currently have Mercedes C-class, Audi A4, VW Passat and Kombi (Bus) available for both J and F pax.

I am pretty sure that I've had a Mercedes E-Class before but was told "for your group [I am in F] those are the cars. Others are there only for iO - invitation only passengers".
Cape Town based and only ever had an C class for J/F travel. JNB seems to have a more wider selection of cars, but only C/E class used for majority of the bookings it seems regardless of J/F travel.

I think i would pass on the VW Passat if it showed up !
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:32 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Cape Town based and only ever had an C class for J/F travel. JNB seems to have a more wider selection of cars, but only C/E class used for majority of the bookings it seems regardless of J/F travel.

I think i would pass on the VW Passat if it showed up !
Also CPT based: I got a Mercedes C class on the way out a few weeks ago, which was fine.
But when coming back (in F!), it was a VW transporter! One of these 7 seater things. The driver loaded our luggage into the middle row of seats and ‘invited’ us to sit in the back row. Legroom worse than Y.
On the way to Blouberg he managed to get hopelessly lost in Paarden Eiland and I had to direct him home.
The worst drive I have ever experienced.

Leaving from LGW the previous day it was a Mercedes E class station wagon, looked like a hearse. But very comfortable and an excellent and pleasant driver, who was parked outside the house half an hour early and sent us a text with 15 minutes to go.
murtaza12 and XXTSGR like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:55 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Has anyone ever done a 'long distance' CD in AMS?
We need to go to Franeker, which is 130KM away. In the past, we have taken the train, but that's actually a hassle, taking up to 3 hours.
Looking at Google maps, its a 130KM drive taking an hour and a half.
65KM is the 'free allowance', and according to the EK website €1.80 per KM above that. Train would cost us something like €26 each, so € 52 in total (in train Y, but that's OK). So it will work out at €65 more than the train, which is worth it to me for a variety of reasons (timing, hassle, comfort)

I have never done 'excess milage' on my CD anywhere. Any experience with it in AMS? EK website says pay card or cash.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Anyone know if STN is likely to get CD?
Its not mentioned and it’s just over 12 weeks to my flight to STN...
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
A few updates on my CD experiences in the last year.

In MAA, they now have E Class, BMW 5 series as well as Audi A5!

IN CPH, recently got a brand new E class.

I fly in to / out of MXP at least once in 3 months and have got a Merc Viano everytime even though I have never specifically requested for it. Its great because I usually have 3 large suitcases.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
A few updates on my CD experiences in the last year.

In MAA, they now have E Class, BMW 5 series as well as Audi A5!

IN CPH, recently got a brand new E class.

I fly in to / out of MXP at least once in 3 months and have got a Merc Viano everytime even though I have never specifically requested for it. Its great because I usually have 3 large suitcases.
Were you flying F or J?

Asking cause CPH wasn't even part of the list in the OP until now.

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Were you flying F or J?

Asking cause CPH wasn't even part of the list in the OP until now.

Thanks
Yea sorry, was in J. All in J actually.

Also my first time on the 2 class A380.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:40 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
As there is a paywall please provide a summary of the article here, is there something new or just a rehash that they use PCS? There've been many articles over the years in that regard
This isn't behind a paywall, and details what PCS were doing wrong.

http://dailym.ai/2EY1BUd

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.