Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by gezza48
Thank you for the quick response skywardhunter. I will call Emirates on Monday to make the booking, kr, Gezza
Why not do it online?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by tasnam
OK so I purchased a o/w first class ticket from MEL to AKL (note purchased first class - not miles) ($1,130.00 USD)

(No I am not continuing onto DXB)

When I go into "manage my booking" and select airport transfer option, it shows a cost of $95+ (depending on car choice)...

I was under the impression that first class was free (less than 60km) (My hotel is only 13 miles from MEL)

Is it not allowing "free" because my first class tix is only to AKL, or for some other reason? (It say tips, tolls, gas FREE - but still shows a price of $95 for the transfer....)???
Unfortunately, itineraries which are exclusively between New Zealand and Australia are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive.

https://www.emirates.com/english/exp...auffeur-drive/
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Op already indicated they are calling EK to book, implying EK Cash or reward
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: QF Silver; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Flaneurs
Weird that they Manhattan zip codes are not listed. You will not have any problem with CD taking you to midtown. The offered range is actually quite big, all the way up in Westchester County. From the EK website: Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) transfers The following are a list of the towns that are within the allowable radius of 50 miles to/from Newark Liberty International Airport.

Midtown is way less than 50 miles from EWR. Have a great trip!
that's what I thought too, that Midtown is well within the radius. I've booked it online and nothing came up to say I couldn't.

I'll update on the car model too. Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, OZ Diamond(*G)
Chauffeur cars at ICN

Chauffeur cars at ICN
EK J (Business Class) : Hyundai Equus, Genesis EQ900, Mercedes E Class (all sedan)
EK F (First Class) : Hyundai Equus Limousine, Genesis EQ900L (all sedan)
Mileage excess is as following;
There are 3 zones A/B/C and within Zone A is free, Zone B need to pay KRW22,000(equivalent USD 20), Zone C need to pay KRW44,000(Equivalent USD 40) (regardless of F/J)
If passenger want van instead of sedan, Emirates chauffeur will provide Kia Carnival.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: QF Silver; SPG Gold
Chauffeur car at EWR F class 13/12 arrival - Chevrolet Suburban

no issues with address on Manhattan Island, even though zip code not listed on Emirates website.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:46 am

Chauffeur drive from DUS on 7 Dec (F) - BMW 7 Series. Contract still with Sixt but had a subcontractor take me that day.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you both, especially @bennyq since I had no details for EWR in the main post until now.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:28 am

Chauffeur drive to DUS today (F) - brand new S-Class and done by Sixt. Felt like being on a 777 😂 They also have Audi A8 and are happy to take requests!
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:15 pm

Anyone know what cars are used for F in MXP and YYZ? Years ago, they used the Lexus LS in YYZ.

Also, if you have multiple passengers in your group, can you request more than 1 car per group? We will have 4 of us and a fair bit of luggage, so I think we will need two sedans. Technically, up to 4 cars should be offered because those are four paid tickets, but I wonder how it works in practice.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by XXTSGR
Chauffeur drive to DUS today (F) - brand new S-Class and done by Sixt. Felt like being on a 777 😂 They also have Audi A8 and are happy to take requests!
I love being driven around in the new S, especially the LWB version with the mood lighting! I use a car service when I go to London and they have these smartly tailored chauffeurs with new S classes and it's fun just chilling in the back with the curtains drawn. For those curious, I think the cost is around 300 GBP a day if I remember correctly.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:41 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by spideysense
Anyone know what cars are used for F in MXP and YYZ? Years ago, they used the Lexus LS in YYZ.

Also, if you have multiple passengers in your group, can you request more than 1 car per group? We will have 4 of us and a fair bit of luggage, so I think we will need two sedans. Technically, up to 4 cars should be offered because those are four paid tickets, but I wonder how it works in practice.
I always get offered 2 cars when we travel as a couple. And when I book one, the message is always you have booked 1 of 2 cars available. So no issue at all. Some people would also have different pick up / drop off addresses for the different cars.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by spideysense
I love being driven around in the new S, especially the LWB version with the mood lighting! I use a car service when I go to London and they have these smartly tailored chauffeurs with new S classes and it's fun just chilling in the back with the curtains drawn. For those curious, I think the cost is around 300 GBP a day if I remember correctly.
Lovely and very comfy car - though the boot space is pathetic. I had two regular suitcases and the driver couldn't fit them in due to the inbuilt fridge and other stuff.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Lovely and very comfy car - though the boot space is pathetic. I had two regular suitcases and the driver couldn't fit them in due to the inbuilt fridge and other stuff.
Yes, it's good for everything except airport pick up / drop off. I usually request Suburbans in North America / Middle East and Mercedes Viano in Europe when going to and from airports.We always have a ton of luggage.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:46 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So I guess either EK is not sticking to one car service provider for JFK or already got out of their contract with FlyteTime. EK is using Addison Lee Group at JFK now. Never heard of them, but looks like they're a big car service provider in the UK?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.