Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by sant2585
Thanks all! Hadn't realised about Rail+Fly - nothing appears in my MMB (despite the website suggesting that it should), so will try call up and see. Having only used CD in the UK up until now, I'm now realising how relatively generous those distances are - 70 miles compared to 40km!

But XXTSGR's 'it feels wrong' logic is also appealing (even though in my case it would also be getting off at a station that is on the line to DUS), especially as this is me emptying out my miles and dropping down to Blue soon. Will also keep DYKWIA's suggestion in mind, especially as it's a station that I'm not familiar with (but not a sprawling one with multiple exits and access points).
Rail + Fly is available for tickets originating in Germany, not tickets to Germany, but sounds like you should qualify
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:24 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
EK No longer using Boston Coach for JFK?

So found out that as of Nov 1st EK is no longer using Boston Coach as the provider for JFK CD. Not sure about BOS, but judging by the fact that they said they no longer have an Emirates desk, it seems to confirm that EK did not renew their contract with the Boston coach. Interesting move, maybe BostonCoach was charting them a lot? They’ve been using them since at least 2008. wonder who the new company is. BostonCoach always provided pretty good service.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by S.R
So found out that as of Nov 1st EK is no longer using Boston Coach as the provider for JFK CD. Not sure about BOS, but judging by the fact that they said they no longer have an Emirates desk, it seems to confirm that EK did not renew their contract with the Boston coach. Interesting move, maybe BostonCoach was charting them a lot? They’ve been using them since at least 2008. wonder who the new company is. BostonCoach always provided pretty good service.
I heard from my last CD driver that EK dumped individual contracts with providers and is now using some company to manage all of North America. Probably just more short-sighted cost cutting.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Any FTers flying to or from any US destinations, please do update this thread if the car has changed from the one mentioned in the first post.

Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Same guys in IAD on Thursday morning, I think it's RMA IIRC...
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Looks as if we will see the E-class switched for the S-class at DXB for F pax's in the near future as EK have partnered with Mercedes Benz.
Attached Images  
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Looks as if we will see the E-class switched for the S-class at DXB for F pax's in the near future as EK have partnered with Mercedes Benz.
They were pretty much using most of the E-Class' for J pax anyway. In fact I've gotten the FC E-class more often than I've gotten the 5 Series.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
They were pretty much using most of the E-Class' for J pax anyway. In fact I've gotten the FC E-class more often than I've gotten the 5 Series.
I got a Volvo 3 weeks ago
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I got a Volvo 3 weeks ago
Yeah I got one too in August. Had requested for 2 CD cars, they sent one 5 series estate and the Volvo as well.
Contrary to earlier posts where the plan was for the Volvos to be retired, the driver said they're keeping a few of them in the fleet. Retiring the ones with the most issues and mileage, much like EK is doing with its 77W fleet :P
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Yeah I got one too in August. Had requested for 2 CD cars, they sent one 5 series estate and the Volvo as well.
Contrary to earlier posts where the plan was for the Volvos to be retired, the driver said they're keeping a few of them in the fleet. Retiring the ones with the most issues and mileage, much like EK is doing with its 77W fleet :P
He told me it'd be retired when it's mileage gets too high, so guess there must be some set threshold that they reach one by one
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: Qatar Silver, Emirates Skyward Silver, SPG Gold , IHG Spire Elite
sorry if this has already been mentioned but i read today through HeadForPoints that Emirates will be introducing new S Class vehicles for F passengers in the UAE.

"The chauffeur fleet for First Class passengers in the UAE will be switched to Mercedes S-Class cars."

Sounds lovely if they do. Great car to be chauffeured in.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
In AMS they have the newest Mercedes E-class for J and Mercedes S-class for F passengers, 1 S-class has the Maybach interior 😎
In BKK most of the time I get a 10 year old E-class and sometimes a most recent E-class, regardless of travel in J or F.
murtaza12 likes this.

Last edited by Daandeluxe; Nov 13, 2017 at 2:26 pm
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by xavzz
sorry if this has already been mentioned but i read today through HeadForPoints that Emirates will be introducing new S Class vehicles for F passengers in the UAE.

"The chauffeur fleet for First Class passengers in the UAE will be switched to Mercedes S-Class cars."

Sounds lovely if they do. Great car to be chauffeured in.
5 posts before yours in this very thread
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Qatar Silver, Emirates Skyward Silver, SPG Gold , IHG Spire Elite
I read from a few pages back but thanks for the update
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:09 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Which is probably where HFP got it from
murtaza12 and skywardhunter like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.