Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 2:36 pm

Quick question about the Chauffeur service in the UK. I'm flying in to Manchester, which states that the service is available within 70 miles of the airport. I've done some reading around to see whether this is as the crow flies or road distance and not found a definitive answer. Does anyone know which is correct? (I live < 70 miles from the airport as the crow flies, but > 90 miles from the airport by the fastest route)...
Old May 7, 2017, 2:55 pm

Usually they'll say "driven" miles if it's the distance travelled along the road - for Manchester it's just the radius on a map.
Old May 7, 2017, 3:01 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by so3003
Question about the SYD chauffeur drive service. We (2 adults) are arriving on EK metal in F (QF codeshare) from CHC, then departing next day on same itinerary on QF metal in F. The T&Cs suggest we would be entitled to two cars, and that each car can take 2 adults and up to 2 suitcases plus one carryon bag. We would obviously prefer to travel together but we will have 2 suitcases plus 2 carry on bags - do we really need to book a second car for the second carry on bag? On previous trips we've never had an issue fitting luggage into a standard airport taxi or equivalent.

Thanks for any help
You may want to call EK about this as Trans Tasman sectors don't usually qualify for CD.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by sydtogla
You may want to call EK about this as Trans Tasman sectors don't usually qualify for CD.
they do if part of a longer EK itinerary which the post suggests
Old May 7, 2017, 11:33 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
they do if part of a longer EK itinerary which the post suggests
Yes, should qualify: Only at Origin and Destination, I've had trouble with getting CD on stopovers when the first leg is trans-Tasman.

Also re:question, I've pushed it with luggage before and the driver has been ok about it.
Old May 8, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
The radius vs. driven miles issues is a really bad one. In some cases you can stick to what it says "driven miles" or "radius". However at IAD despite saying "radius" I've had a mixed bag. They once had no issue dropping me off based on radius, and the second time they canceled my CD, without alerting me, for being over distance.

I recommend calling the day before to confirm the booking. Ask if they can connect you directly with the car service. Otherwise you'll have no idea what to expect.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
Destination: DUR (Durban, RSA)
Cabin: J (Business Class)/ J (Business Class)
Vehicle(s): VW Mini-bus (a bit ropey, TBH)/Mercedes Benz C Class
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Chauffeur, hours before departure

Hi,

I am managing the chauffeur service on the Emirates website and it says: "3 hours before departure " (as default). Does it mean that I will be picked up 3 hours before at home or that I will reach the airport three hours before the departure?

Thanks
Marco
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Unless things have changed, that is the time at which the pickup will be
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Hi,

I am managing the chauffeur service on the Emirates website and it says: "3 hours before departure " (as default). Does it mean that I will be picked up 3 hours before at home or that I will reach the airport three hours before the departure?

Thanks
Marco
3 hours before departure - depending on where you are (not DXB) they will call you to confirm.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
They will pick you up so you arrive at the airport 3 hours before departure, although you can request a later pick up if like me you don't enjoy sitting in the lounge for nearly 3 hours.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by SimonLHR
They will pick you up so you arrive at the airport 3 hours before departure, although you can request a later pick up if like me you don't enjoy sitting in the lounge for nearly 3 hours.
They pick up when you say.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:47 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Some of the above replies are really confusing, so let's just put it out there clearly.

If it says 3 hours before on the manage chauffeur drive, that is the time you will be picked up from your home/hotel,etc (3 hours before scheduled departure).
If you want to be picked up earlier you can change it.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by S.R
Some of the above replies are really confusing, so let's just put it out there clearly.

If it says 3 hours before on the manage chauffeur drive, that is the time you will be picked up from your home/hotel,etc (3 hours before scheduled departure).
If you want to be picked up earlier you can change it.
Agree!

It denotes the time you are picked up - 3 hours before = picked up 3 hours before. Do the math on however long it takes to get to the airport and that's how much earlier you'll get there.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by johhn14
Agree!

It denotes the time you are picked up - 3 hours before = picked up 3 hours before. Do the math on however long it takes to get to the airport and that's how much earlier you'll get there.
It's not rocket science - pick up time is the time you leave your house / hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.