Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 6:19 am

Emirates Chauffeur Drive

Hi, this is a very cheeky question but was wondering if anyone thinks it might be possible? If we flew into Don Muang airport in Bangkok would we be able to use this service to Suvarnabhumi airport in order to catch our Emirates flight back to Manchester. Please be gentle with your answers, thank you
Old May 19, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Assuming you are in paid business or first, (or your award ticket was booked before 3/1/2019) EK should pick you up anywhere in Bangkok within a 60KM radius from BKK. Normally, that is from a hotel or house, but there is no reason why they wouldn't pick you up at DMK. This assumes your arrival in DMK lines up correctly timewise with your BKK departure.

Have you tried booking it online?

ETA: Reading the main CD thread there was a reference that they do not pick up at other airports, referenced in the T&C. I suggest you read the rules

Last edited by Deltahater; May 19, 2019 at 8:53 am Reason: added more info
Old May 19, 2019, 9:19 am

Thank you for your reply. Yes it is paid business. I will look at the T&C did not see that reference thank you
Old May 19, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Deltahater
ETA: Reading the main CD thread there was a reference that they do not pick up at other airports, referenced in the T&C. I suggest you read the rules
Ive always got around this by booking the chaufeur pickup from one of the airport hotels connected to the terminal building.
Have done this a few times when ive flown into Gatwick and had the car pick me up at hilton gatwick and then transfer to heathrow
Old May 19, 2019, 11:21 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Where did you come from? And how was ‘excess mileage’ calculated? I did LHR to Canterbury a few weeks ago. That was over 90 driven miles, but inside the 70 mile radius (the red circle on the webpage). I had called in earlier to ask about radius vs driven miles and was assured it was radius. Again asked in the ‘waiting lounge’ at LHR if I was within the free allowance and they confirmed that no extra charge was applicable. Longest CD drive I’ve ever had with a very good driver. Carey delivered well in that instance (and the driver got a well earned good tip).

My next CD will be Canterbury to LGW, which is ‘only’ about 67 driven miles, so inside the allowance from both points of view.
As an update on the above; I now see on the website that (at least for LRH and LGW, have not yet checked any others) it is mentioned that the ‘red circle’ is only an approximation and that driven miles will be used to calculate co-payment. This is a change from the old policy for at least those outstations.
Old May 19, 2019, 4:09 pm

Thank you modularmayhem, will look into the hotels that are at Don Muang airport
Old May 19, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh
As an update on the above; I now see on the website that (at least for LRH and LGW, have not yet checked any others) it is mentioned that the ‘red circle’ is only an approximation and that driven miles will be used to calculate co-payment. This is a change from the old policy for at least those outstations.
Looks like that note has been added for many (all?) destinations. I looked at GLA and EDI where there was different wording mentioned upthread and both now contain it.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, IHG Diamond and Ambassador
Emirates Chauffeur for 2?

My partner and I are travelling business FLL-SIN. I used AMEX miles transferred to EK to buy my (free) ticket. He paid cash and is of course eligible for the Chauffeur transfer from the airport in SIN, but what about me? My question is now that EK doesn't offer the Chauffeur service to those who use/or upgrade with miles can I just go in his car no problem? What's their policy on this? We don't want to plan on this and have the driver say no only one!
Old May 21, 2019, 9:16 pm

I seem to recall one report of an extra passenger not being allowed due to insurance reasons, but there are many, many more times when extra passengers have been taken, even if not travelling on EK.

The chauffeur company will normally call the day before to confirm your pick up time so you can check then, or you may find their number in the Chauffeur Drive thread.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:23 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by big69bob
My partner and I are travelling business FLL-SIN. I used AMEX miles transferred to EK to buy my (free) ticket. He paid cash and is of course eligible for the Chauffeur transfer from the airport in SIN, but what about me? My question is now that EK doesn't offer the Chauffeur service to those who use/or upgrade with miles can I just go in his car no problem? What's their policy on this? We don't want to plan on this and have the driver say no only one!
You can share the vehicle, no probs
Old May 22, 2019, 9:04 am

Bangalore now has the new 520d.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Chauffeur drive in UAE is stopover is under 24 hours

Does anyone know whether if a stopover in the UAE of fewer than 24 hours results in no Chauffeur drive. I am thinking of booking a flight that entails arriving in DXB at 1500 and leaving at 0900 the next day.

I had a flight many years ago where I arrived at 1830 and left at 1500 the next day and I think chauffeur drive was not available, but I may be wrong.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Officially not... but you may be OK if you turn up at the CD desk on your arrival and present your BP. You won't get it on your return to the airport.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Officially not... but you may be OK if you turn up at the CD desk on your arrival and present your BP. You won't get it on your return to the airport.
Anecdotally they do sometimes schedule a return pick up when you're at the desk. Worth asking
​​​​​
Old May 23, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Emirates replied to my query on Twitter, noting that it depends if the fare conditions formally allow a stopover. She said to check the fare conditions after you have selected all flights on the itinerary but before booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.