Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Yeah clearly a steady decline going on down in CPT CD ops. Nothing wrong with the guy and I wouldn’t want him to get into trouble, just his service needed some refining. Basically nice guy, crap service.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Currently on the way to the airport ( CPT), traveling in F, in a VW Passat with charter services written on the side of the car in small bold letters. The driver is clearly exhausted, nothing says first class like driving down the M3 with the “chauffeur” drinking a can of monster!

whats going on Bidvest !?
Ouch...

Sorry to hear that. I had the VW Passat at JNB earlier this month, also arriving in F. However, in my case, I was pleasantly surprised - more space than the C-Class Mercedes and a driver who was keen to please, asking me whether I was comfortable, wanted some water, which radio station or music I'd like to listen to etc.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:53 pm

Cape Town, the Mercedes are on the way out. They are being replaced with BMW 320i and VW Passat. I saw a chap jump in a Mercedes E class (possibly even a S class) , however think he was an IO- so got a completely separate level of car to the rest.

I however this time had a fantastic trip back home, chauffeur was top class!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:52 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Cape Town, the Mercedes are on the way out. They are being replaced with BMW 320i and VW Passat. I saw a chap jump in a Mercedes E class (possibly even a S class) , however think he was an IO- so got a completely separate level of car to the rest.

I however this time had a fantastic trip back home, chauffeur was top class!
I’ll use a CD in CPT on Thursday (EK771). Curious to see what we get.....
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh

I would heavily bet on the VW Passat or the BMW option, I’m not seeing any separation pattern of vehicles used for first or business class passengers. My driver today hinted that it is too hard to coordinate to reserve for argument sake all the BMW’s for F pax’s only.

However maybe history will repeat itself and you may find yourself in row 3 of the VW Kombi again!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:23 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador

Are you I/O?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:06 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Are you I/O?
Wish I was! No, Gold. Travelling J this time (with Mrs t, who is also Gold).
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:22 am
Ambassador, Emirates

They just called me for the T-24hrs confirmation. Told them "2 passengers, not a lot of luggage, don't need a 'Kombi'". "OK, no Kombi" he replied. So we'll see what shows up tomorrow....
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
They just called me for the T-24hrs confirmation. Told them "2 passengers, not a lot of luggage, don't need a 'Kombi'". "OK, no Kombi" he replied. So we'll see what shows up tomorrow....
Fingers crossed for you! Though, personally, I do find both the Kombi and Passat more comfortable than the C180 Merc.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:38 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Fingers crossed for you! Though, personally, I do find both the Kombi and Passat more comfortable than the C180 Merc.
It’s a white Passat with ‘charter services’ written on the side. Quite comfortable though.
Driver comes directly out of a Cape Town taxi. Everywhere at least 10Km/hr over the speed limit. His remark ‘last trip of the day’ put that into perspective.

Last edited by thijsseh; Apr 5, 2018 at 7:32 am
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:08 am

It’s a white Passat with ‘charter services’ written on the side. Quite comfortable though.
Driver comes directly out of a Cape Town taxi. Everywhere at least 10Km/hr over the speed limit. His remark ‘last trip of the day’ put that into perspective.
Was he drinking a can of monster perhaps, i wonder why they got those charter services marking on the side of the cars?

Safe flight thou
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Was he drinking a can of monster perhaps, i wonder why they got those charter services marking on the side of the cars?

Safe flight thou
city of Cape Town cracking down. It's technically a charter service, with a charter permit disc on the windshield. It's a legal requirement, I'm involved in the Uber business and it's a constantly changing situation which cars need them and which don't. Bloody pain
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter

city of Cape Town cracking down. It's technically a charter service, with a charter permit disc on the windshield. It's a legal requirement, I'm involved in the Uber business and it's a constantly changing situation which cars need them and which don't. Bloody pain
Thought it might be some form of newish legal requirement, i believe COCT are cutting down hard as they wanna tax such companies/operators to the max to make up for all the lost revenue from water profit as a result of the drought. Interesting to know you're in the uber business, next time i jump in an uber i will be sure to give 5 star and in-app tip should the name "Skywardshunter" come up as my driver

If OP of post #1 could please kindly add to the CPT section of VW Passat & BWM 320i Series to the list of vehicle used then that would be great. I would do it myself, but cannot do it as technically the wiki is actually empty as all info is stored in post #1 .
murtaza12 likes this.

Last edited by Flame3601; Apr 5, 2018 at 9:33 am
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thought it might be some form of newish legal requirement, i believe COCT are cutting down hard as they wanna tax such companies/operators to the max to make up for all the lost revenue from water profit as a result of the drought. Interesting to know you're in the uber business, next time i jump in an uber i will be sure to give 5 star and in-app tip should the name "Skywardshunter" come up as my driver

If OP of post #1 could please kindly add to the CPT section of VW Passat & BWM 320i Series to the list of vehicle used then that would be great. I would do it myself, but cannot do it as technically the wiki is actually empty as all info is stored in post #1 .
haha I don't drive the cars but you may have been in one of mine
thijsseh, murtaza12 and Flame3601 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Safe flight thou
Flight was safer than the CD drive, that’s for sure!
Now in the B J lounge. Nice ice creams from those carts!
skywardhunter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.