Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 23, 19, 7:47 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Saltire74
Wiki Link
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Nov 16, 17, 11:40 am
  #961  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: New York, NY USA
Posts: 631
I received a text confirmation from Flyte Tyme for my flight out of JFK tomorrow night. For what it's worth, the confirmation was by text and Boston Coach used to call to confirm. I called Flyte Tyme and asked what type of car they use for Emirates pickups and was told it will be a Chrysler 300. Not sure if they differentiate between FC and J passengers for the type of car but I am flying FC.
When I called I was on hold a long time before anyone picked up and the on-line views for this company are very poor. So it should be interesting...........
laf747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 17, 11:49 am
  #962  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,304
Originally Posted by laf747 View Post
I received a text confirmation from Flyte Tyme for my flight out of JFK tomorrow night. For what it's worth, the confirmation was by text and Boston Coach used to call to confirm. I called Flyte Tyme and asked what type of car they use for Emirates pickups and was told it will be a Chrysler 300. Not sure if they differentiate between FC and J passengers for the type of car but I am flying FC.
When I called I was on hold a long time before anyone picked up and the on-line views for this company are very poor. So it should be interesting...........
I don't think one is supposed to call. What were you going to do if you didn't like the car (donno what a Chrysler 300 is)?
skywardhunter is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 17, 11:56 am
  #963  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: New York, NY USA
Posts: 631
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
I don't think one is supposed to call. What were you going to do if you didn't like the car (donno what a Chrysler 300 is)?
Why was I not supposed to call? I just wanted to confirm the pick up address and the confirmation had a phone number to call. I was just curious that's why i asked about the car and yes I do know what a Chrysler 300 is.
For some reason my post seems to have upset you. My humble apologies for having done so.
laf747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 17, 1:26 pm
  #964  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,304
Originally Posted by laf747 View Post
Why was I not supposed to call? I just wanted to confirm the pick up address and the confirmation had a phone number to call. I was just curious that's why i asked about the car and yes I do know what a Chrysler 300 is.
For some reason my post seems to have upset you. My humble apologies for having done so.
​​​​​​I meant I don't know what a Chrysler 300 is, so I don't know whether you would be happy with it or not - I assumed you know what it is.

You got an sms confirmation, standard - your complaints seemed to all relate to the fact you called them - an unnecessary step and not really something EK could be held accountable for at that point.
skywardhunter is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 17, 1:38 pm
  #965  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: New York, NY USA
Posts: 631
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
​​​​​​I meant I don't know what a Chrysler 300 is, so I don't know whether you would be happy with it or not - I assumed you know what it is.

You got an sms confirmation, standard - your complaints seemed to all relate to the fact you called them - an unnecessary step and not really something EK could be held accountable for at that point.
No, I wasn't complaining about a text notification, I was just noting the difference between Boston Coach and Flyte Tyme. The bad reviews on-line are somewhat disconcerting. Concerning a Chrysler 300 that's a car that, at least in NYC, which is mainly used by what we call a black car company as opposed to a limousine company. When I was picked up by Boston Coach for Emirates it was always in a Cadillac.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter but it does seem that this switch in companies is somewhat of a reduction in the chauffer service offered by Emirates in NYC. That combined with the temporary closure of the JFK lounge makes the FC flight experience a little less special than what is usually the case in flying Emirates FC.
laf747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 17, 2:52 pm
  #966  
S.R
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York, Houston, College Station
Programs: UA 1K, EK Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver
Posts: 534
Originally Posted by laf747 View Post
No, I wasn't complaining about a text notification, I was just noting the difference between Boston Coach and Flyte Tyme. The bad reviews on-line are somewhat disconcerting. Concerning a Chrysler 300 that's a car that, at least in NYC, which is mainly used by what we call a black car company as opposed to a limousine company. When I was picked up by Boston Coach for Emirates it was always in a Cadillac.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter but it does seem that this switch in companies is somewhat of a reduction in the chauffer service offered by Emirates in NYC. That combined with the temporary closure of the JFK lounge makes the FC flight experience a little less special than what is usually the case in flying Emirates FC.
Its interesting they've switched to flyte time (What a weird name for a car service company). EK actually started using them back when they started service to EWR earlier this year. I thought it was weird they didn't go with boston coach then but it seems they were just waiting for the contract to expire to make a full switch in the NY area. The phone call from boston coach was always reassuring as they confirmed the address, you could alter pick up time, etc. The drop in car quality is also disappointing. With boston coach flying EK, my family has received anything from a cadillac to an S class, a 7 series, a lexus LS, cadillac SUV (escalade), limousine, charter bus type thing, and a few more I can't remember. It was a mix whether in F or J.
I also read the bad reviews about flyte time. It seems they offered a much better deal then for EK then boston coach did. Very curious as to who EK is using for BOS CD though, as I'm 99% sure they used Bostoncoach at BOS as well. It seems EK has ditched bostoncoach completely because when I called them I was told they no longer have an Emirates desk.
laf747 likes this.
S.R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 17, 10:17 am
  #967  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EDKA, STR, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Posts: 939
I have new data points regarding the vehicles.

DUS, First: BMW 5 series, both ways (pickup and return)
HKG, First: Toyota Alphard minivan as pickup from airport
HGK, First: No-show of vehicle on pickup to airport (have yet to complain)
murtaza12 likes this.
bruce80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 8:45 pm
  #968  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 166
We're arriving into AMS next month with our two kids (ages 7 and 9). Not sure what child seat rules apply in this situation, do I need to ring Emirates with this so the driver(s) can accomodate this?
Offshore171 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 10:07 pm
  #969  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In transit
Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Posts: 473
Originally Posted by Offshore171 View Post
We're arriving into AMS next month with our two kids (ages 7 and 9). Not sure what child seat rules apply in this situation, do I need to ring Emirates with this so the driver(s) can accomodate this?
Yes, just give them a ring and they'll provide appropriate child seats.
XXTSGR is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 11:37 pm
  #970  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: New York, NY USA
Posts: 631
Originally Posted by laf747 View Post
I received a text confirmation from Flyte Tyme for my flight out of JFK tomorrow night. For what it's worth, the confirmation was by text and Boston Coach used to call to confirm. I called Flyte Tyme and asked what type of car they use for Emirates pickups and was told it will be a Chrysler 300. Not sure if they differentiate between FC and J passengers for the type of car but I am flying FC.
When I called I was on hold a long time before anyone picked up and the on-line views for this company are very poor. So it should be interesting...........
Just to follow up on my prior post the car that I was picked up in for the transfer to JFK turned out to be an S Class Mercedes. The driver was also very good
laf747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 17, 6:56 am
  #971  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: LINCS England
Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Posts: 447
Hi
We're in Singapore,flying out in F 01:20 Sunday. I booked CD for 20:20 Saturday which was confirmed.
I expected a call/text or email today to confirm the arrangements but so far none has come.
Should I be worried or don't SIN CD confirm the day before as they do in London?
Thanks
SuanLum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 17, 8:42 am
  #972  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EDKA, STR, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Posts: 939
Originally Posted by SuanLum View Post
Hi
We're in Singapore,flying out in F 01:20 Sunday. I booked CD for 20:20 Saturday which was confirmed.
I expected a call/text or email today to confirm the arrangements but so far none has come.
Should I be worried or don't SIN CD confirm the day before as they do in London?
Thanks
It might be a good idea to check back with them. Usually, the confirmation should come from the contractor, usually in the morning of the day you‘ll be picked up (in HKG, I usually got them per fax sent to the hotel).

Like I said above, two weeks ago, I didn‘t receive a confirmation from the contractor, and the car didn‘t show up. There might be an issue with pick-ups on the evening before an early morning departure (at least that would be my best guess), so as you are only scheduled to depart after midnight, I would definitely check back on them to make sure they ordered the car for 20:20 on the day before your departure and not for 20:20 on the day of departure itself.

By the way, I sent a complaint last sunday, and so far they haven‘t bothered to reply yet.
bruce80 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 17, 12:29 pm
  #973  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Programs: Ek Silver, BAEC Silver, HH Gold
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by SuanLum View Post
Hi
We're in Singapore,flying out in F 01:20 Sunday. I booked CD for 20:20 Saturday which was confirmed.
I expected a call/text or email today to confirm the arrangements but so far none has come.
Should I be worried or don't SIN CD confirm the day before as they do in London?
Thanks
Flew out on the 2100 flight on Wednesday evening just gone, On the Tuesday received a phone call from the chauffeur company which got cut off after about 30 seconds, was really poor reception, within a minute had received a text message to confirm the booking and it included a contact number if you wanted to call them back about anything, on the day the driver turned up to the hotel about 10 mins early,
ams2174 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 17, 7:19 pm
  #974  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: LINCS England
Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Posts: 447
Thanks guys, didn't get a call so I messaged them and I've now had one phone call,two texts and an email so we're sorted.

For info the company EK use here in SIN are: SIXT Tel; +65 6346 6606 and they have a website as well.

Time to relax before check out then spend the time till pick up in the hotel club lounge...
murtaza12 likes this.
SuanLum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 17, 6:36 am
  #975  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Posts: 724
Some more data points from First trip:

OSL: Bilston Limousines, Mercedes (unsure what model, but it was high end)

DXB / Dubai Connect transfers - Mercedes estate and Mercedes van to/from hotel (Le Meridien)

CHC: Corporate Cars, Holden (unsure model but more of a generic taxi car, good enough though)
murtaza12 likes this.
so3003 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread