Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Will08
It costs 100 AED to get from the airport to the Palm 25/30 min journey. That is also including the airport start fee or 25 AED. The return is 75 AED. How far are you travelling to tip 50 AED?
What're you talking about?

Chauffeur Drive is included with a J class ticket, there is no start fee, I just the tip the driver whatever I feel is appropriate when he drops me off.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by murtaza12
What're you talking about?

Chauffeur Drive is included with a J class ticket, there is no start fee, I just the tip the driver whatever I feel is appropriate when he drops me off.
I think he's referring to a regular cab. A tip of 50AED is almost as much as the entire cab fare there.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I think he's referring to a regular cab. A tip of 50AED is almost as much as the entire cab fare there.
Yes exactly, a tip of 50 AED almost negates the point of using the CD.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: Emirates Gold
Hi all, I am flying CPT - DXB (4 day layover) - MAN later this month and have myself booked in J class with my chauffeur bookings all made. I have since under another booking booked my partner to fly out to CPT (also in J) and then fly the CPT-DXB-MAN legs with me.

I want us to only have one car picking us up in CPT, DXB and Man, as we have two separate bookings what am i best doing just booking her a chauffeur under her booking but when they call me to confirm request one bigger car?

I've only been flying solo with Chauffeurs in the past.

thanks
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by dannyc7
Hi all, I am flying CPT - DXB (4 day layover) - MAN later this month and have myself booked in J class with my chauffeur bookings all made. I have since under another booking booked my partner to fly out to CPT (also in J) and then fly the CPT-DXB-MAN legs with me.

I want us to only have one car picking us up in CPT, DXB and Man, as we have two separate bookings what am i best doing just booking her a chauffeur under her booking but when they call me to confirm request one bigger car?

I've only been flying solo with Chauffeurs in the past.

thanks
Is it just two of you? How much luggage? Don't book a separate chauffeur for her if it's just the two if you, even with moderate luggage if they don't call the regular sedans will be fine, but generally they will call and in that case just advise them that there will be two pax with luggage and if they can ensure a large enough vehicle.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Is it just two of you? How much luggage? Don't book a separate chauffeur for her if it's just the two if you, even with moderate luggage if they don't call the regular sedans will be fine, but generally they will call and in that case just advise them that there will be two pax with luggage and if they can ensure a large enough vehicle.
Thanks Ill wait for the call on CPT leg and advise
I know the usual Mercedes C class they use in CPT wont be enough, they struggle with my luggage at the best of times!

i think we will have 3 cases (maybe 4 if the lady packs too many shoes), plus carry on bags.

Not had Chauffeur in DXB since they changed the fleet.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Another question on booking HKG limousines for F passengers (sorry if it has already been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't really find an answer to my specific question).

As the cars are no longer bookable online, they say that you should contact the local EK sales team in order to do that. As luck will have it, the address for my local sales office is the address of DUS airport, so I thought of just walking up to the ticket counter there to ask, as I'll be there the day after tomorrow anyway.

Does anyone know whether they can actually book the cars there, or do I have to send them an email anyway?

In case nobody knows, I'll just try and promise to report back here.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by bruce80
Another question on booking HKG limousines for F passengers (sorry if it has already been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't really find an answer to my specific question).

As the cars are no longer bookable online, they say that you should contact the local EK sales team in order to do that. As luck will have it, the address for my local sales office is the address of DUS airport, so I thought of just walking up to the ticket counter there to ask, as I'll be there the day after tomorrow anyway.

Does anyone know whether they can actually book the cars there, or do I have to send them an email anyway?

Just call and have it sorted in 5 minutes?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:59 pm

They have to send an email to HKG ground staff who will arrange it (it will also appear in your ticket detail in the system).

Same thing will happen if you call in.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
From the Wiki :-

Destination: BKK (Bangkok, Thailand)
Cabin: J (Business Class)
Vehicle(s): Mercedes Benz C-Class / Mercedes Benz E-Class / Toyota Quantum / HiAce (on request for large groups, extra baggage etc)
Cabin: F (First Class)
Vehicle(s): BMW 7 Series / Mercedes Benz E-Class / BMW 5 Series
-Reservations/Call Center: +66 2 787 3387
-Airport Office: +66 2 134 2910 12
-Mileage: 60 km from BKK
Thank you, I had read the Wiki before posting my question.
I wanted to know if anybody had info on the actual chauffeur company used by Emirates at BKK.

(The Wiki gives the worldwide tel. numbers of the Emirates offices)
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold

Alright, as promised, here's my experience. I walked up to the EK ticket counter where nobody was waiting and which was staffed by a guy who was talking to his colleague in the back. I asked whether I could book the car with him, and while he didn't really seem to be happy (in the end I was interrupting his lazy afternoon), he noted down my booking and promised to send me an email confirmation later. The entire process took about 10 minutes (and I didn't really have anything else to do anyway), and the email also arrived a few minutes later.

Obviously, they still seem to be able to enter a HKG car directly into the system.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Made some minor changes to the first post, need some feedback:

1. Would you like the list of countries / regions to be in alphabetical order?

2. Is there any other info you'd like to be shown in the first post?

Any other changes you'd like to see, please feel free to say so.

Your replies would be highly appreciated.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Made some minor changes to the first post, need some feedback:

1. Would you like the list of countries / regions to be in alphabetical order?

2. Is there any other info you'd like to be shown in the first post?

Any other changes you'd like to see, please feel free to say so.

Your replies would be highly appreciated.
1. Yes
2. Nothing from me, I'm not a regular user of this thread (no CD in Y )
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Poster

List in the first post has been put in alphabetical order of country, and then under each country, the airports within that country are also in the right order.

Any other suggestions are always welcome.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Is there an easy way to report a driver.

Just returned home and on the whole it was a great experience except in Dubai returning to the airport. Pretty sure we could smell alcohol on the drivers breath. But even without this he was dangerous. I had to tell him to back off on his driving.

Constantly at around 90 mph and coming up to within inches of other drivers at speed flashing his lights in the outside lane. At one point when another driver refused to move he drove so close that it would have been impossible to stop. No more than 6 feet. Very aggressive and dangerous. He claimed we would be late. No real traffic at 5am! Whether it was because he had turned up 30 minutes early and had to wait, I'm not sure.

Even at the airport he was impatient ignoring the turn off and hoping he could push in further up. When that failed he shot off and had to do a u turn further along the road.

Not a pleasant journey.

All others have been excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.