Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
In Dubai due to the sheer volume of arrivals using chauffeur drive it's on demand. After customs turn right there's a dedicated chauffeur drive area, they'll assign you a car (basically no wait) and you walk out (20m to exit) and there are all the cars. No need to pre-book or enter a destination in advance.

Once you wish to return to the airport you inform the hotel front desk or if there is a dedicated Emirates CD desk or person inform them and they'll have a car for you within minutes to take you back. It is all very seamless and done dozens of times a day for other pax (if not hundreds). Hotel will be Le Meridien or Al Bustana (or similar, stayed there, decent). Assuming you're in J or F due to CD reference. If in Y it'll be a shuttle bus but largely the same (different hotel).

As this is primarily a Dubai Connect question refer also this this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1404492-dubai-connect-stpc.html
We've booked a car from our hotel to the airport in dubai. I will assume that they will turn up at the requested time.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Always have for me-generally 30 mins early and the Concierge puts a call through to my room,or if checked out finds me in the lobby.
SSF
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
We've booked a car from our hotel to the airport in dubai. I will assume that they will turn up at the requested time.
The Dubai Connect hotel or another? If another yes you have to book, if the Dubai Connect chances are it'll just be the on-demand queue, CD cars often are already queued outside to be taken on demand.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

The Dubai Connect hotel or another? If another yes you have to book, if the Dubai Connect chances are it'll just be the on-demand queue, CD cars often are already queued outside to be taken on demand.
No a hotel close to the palm. I've booked it via the website same as the one from the airport to it.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

At Heathrow if we were to book a car can we use an arrivals lounge first and then get a car or will they expect us to go straight from baggage claim to the car (wherever they are)
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:00 am

At Heathrow if we were to book a car can we use an arrivals lounge first and then get a car or will they expect us to go straight from baggage claim to the car (wherever they are)
Which Arrivals lounge?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:15 am

Which Arrivals lounge?
There is a waiting room for the chauffeur drive at LHR not an arrivals lounge. It's a waiting room and not a lounge.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Which Arrivals lounge?
Probably Plaza Premium at T3 as that is the only available one to us, as not aware Emirates has an arrangement with any of the others.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:31 am

You can, if you ask the driver - I once did that as I was sending some people off just after my arrival at LHR.

I tipped the driver some extra cash for the inconvenience.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You can, if you ask the driver - I once did that as I was sending some people off just after my arrival at LHR.

I tipped the driver some extra cash for the inconvenience.
Likewise - I did this when arriving on QF and needed to take a quick shower in the AA arrivals lounge. Tipped extra for the delay.

As long as you're talking more of a quick shower than a 2hr stay, the drivers will most likely be fine with it.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks.

We'll blame the delay on slow baggage and if there are no cars available, we'll hop on the free transfer to the hotel Only going a short distance, but would be easier in a car if available.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: LH SEN
Question:

I am arriving in DXB in F from KUL, have a 10h layover, and then depart in F to FRA.

Since I am not eligible for Dubai Connect (reward flight...), I am staying at a hotel downtown - as nice as the F lounge is, it's not 10h nice ;-)

How do I get CD from DXB to Hotel and back organised with the least amount of hassle? It was obviously not offered during booking online (just the 2 FRA CD).

Many thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by FS_FRA
Question:

I am arriving in DXB in F from KUL, have a 10h layover, and then depart in F to FRA.

Since I am not eligible for Dubai Connect (reward flight...), I am staying at a hotel downtown - as nice as the F lounge is, it's not 10h nice ;-)

How do I get CD from DXB to Hotel and back organised with the least amount of hassle? It was obviously not offered during booking online (just the 2 FRA CD).

Many thanks!
I'm in the exact same situation tomorrow. I'll just keep my boarding pass and go to the CD desk, and get a car to the hotel. Hopefully I'll also be able to book the return the following morning, although the hotel will also do it for free if necessary.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:19 am

From airport to hotel just show up at CD desk, back to airport you'll need to make your own arrangements.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:29 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
So how does it work with a short stopover in DXB?
I am/was on a J CPT/AMS/CPT ticket. As normal, only CD offered in CPT and AMS.
Then I had to change the date of the return flight. The 'layover' (I don't think that's the right term, but anyway) of the new fight is actually shorter than the old one (2.5 hours instead of 4). But MMB now offers me CD in AMS, DXB*2 and CPT. Surely this is an error?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.