Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Quick update on Bangalore / Bengaluru / BLR. This was a Mercedes C class when I was picked up on Thursday morning at the airport. I dont' have any contact details as it was simply booked through the Emirates website.

T
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toothy
Quick update on Bangalore / Bengaluru / BLR. This was a Mercedes C class when I was picked up on Thursday morning at the airport. I dont' have any contact details as it was simply booked through the Emirates website.

T
Were you in Business or First?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Business.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Lufthansa Miles & More Blue, SAS EuroBonus Blue
Departure from OSL: Mercedes E-class
Arrival in JNB: Mercedes C-class

This was for Business class. In Oslo EK uses Bislett Limousine. Not sure what company they use at O.R. Tambo.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Millemini
Not sure what company they use at O.R. Tambo.
Used to be AVIS
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Millemini
Departure from OSL: Mercedes E-class
Arrival in JNB: Mercedes C-class

This was for Business class. In Oslo EK uses Bislett Limousine. Not sure what company they use at O.R. Tambo.
Thanks. Seems you got the exact cars mentioned in the OP.
Will update the main post with your name and add the contact details for the CD provider in OSL.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald
LGW

Never had an S Class in F, always E class.

SIN

Audi A6 in F
Mercedes S Class in F

MEL

Audi A8 in F

BKK

Mercedes E Class in F/J
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:24 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Well unfortunately it seems EK isn't using Boston coach for the Chauffeur Drive at EWR, but they are using a company called Flyte Tyme Worldwide transportation, which has awful reviews. I called in to ask about the overage and they didn't know what Emirates was. I guess Ill wait a week or 2 since EK just started flying to EWR on Sunday.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:16 am

GLA seems to have changed the J pax pick up point, but may only be temporary as work is going on in Car Park 2. Currently picking up all passengers at the F spaces either side of the walkway to the car park.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:59 am
S.R

I remember reading on here that people have been able to pay a mileage overage charge directly to the company who provides the CD service at outstations.
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible at EWR. The company called EK for me and were told there was no possible way for an overage fee to be charged. I can't even pay the fee to driver. This is quite disappointing. I was told it was, "A firm no from Emirates," and that anything they do has to be confirmed through EK.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by S.R
I remember reading on here that people have been able to pay a mileage overage charge directly to the company who provides the CD service at outstations.
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible at EWR. The company called EK for me and were told there was no possible way for an overage fee to be charged. I can't even pay the fee to driver. This is quite disappointing. I was told it was, "A firm no from Emirates," and that anything they do has to be confirmed through EK.
All destinations in North America are listed as "mileage limit cannot be exceeded".
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:50 pm
S.R

Originally Posted by techie
All destinations in North America are listed as "mileage limit cannot be exceeded".
Yes but others have reported success at negotiating an overage charge with the car service provider, for example at JFK going to the Hamptons. Just disappointing when the overage is only 7 miles.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
T

Originally Posted by S.R
Yes but others have reported success at negotiating an overage charge with the car service provider, for example at JFK going to the Hamptons. Just disappointing when the overage is only 7 miles.
Can't you book the last 7 miles as a separate trip with the same company?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald
I have just got to BKK and I was in F, I had a very old E Class - more like a taxi really.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
Take an uber for the last 7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.