Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2016, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It's probably worth copying/moving the first post into a Wiki on this thread. People looking sometimes won't realise/will forget that the first post has a lot of good information. If it's in a wiki, it will always show.
Done.

Don't remember why I removed it from the Wiki the first time.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Don't remember why I removed it from the Wiki the first time.
Because hardly anyone reads them?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by stargold
A fairly significant omission from your previous statement that the drivers have to pay the parking fee, don't you think?
You think if a driver waits an hour and a bit after being told to go and pick up that the company will just foot the tab no questions asked ?

Pull the other one, it plays jingle bells.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by randomguy1
You think if a driver waits an hour and a bit after being told to go and pick up that the company will just foot the tab no questions asked ?

Pull the other one, it plays jingle bells.
Presumably the company is able to ascertain the precise time that each particular passenger should have arrived at the chauffeur desk, taking into account a variety of factors that affect everyone differently including delays at immigration, delays at baggage reclaim and delays at customs, and therefore in a position to tell the driver that he waited longer than he should have? Yes?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Presumably the company is able to ascertain the precise time that each particular passenger should have arrived at the chauffeur desk, taking into account a variety of factors that affect everyone differently including delays at immigration, delays at baggage reclaim and delays at customs, and therefore in a position to tell the driver that he waited longer than he should have? Yes?
In other words, do as I do and be err, slow to reclaim bags and complain vociferously about immigration queues on arrival at the desk
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:56 pm

It's a bit different if there isn't a desk and you risk the car being sent away if you do that for too long.

Is it really that big an issue to just make a phone call to get what you want ?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by randomguy1
It's a bit different if there isn't a desk and you risk the car being sent away if you do that for too long.

Is it really that big an issue to just make a phone call to get what you want ?
No, I did actually ask EK via twitter, answer was no. Though for the trip back to the airport I don't really think there'd be an issue as there will be no delay or inconvenience to the driver. Especially as we are both travelling with hand luggage.

Flying tomorrow night, they haven't called to confirm pick-up yet, if they don't call by 11am I'll call and check and ask then about it.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:27 pm

Waste of time asking Emirates. They don't even let 2 business passengers share a car if the stay in different streets, most of the time. Never understand that, but if you say to the car companies they'll do it (probably charge for both jobs too).
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:59 pm

Just a follow-up, on the top trio to the airport in VIE asked the driver if my friend could come and he said no problem and seemed happy to see there were just two of us.

BMW 7 Series (month old!) Nonetheless with personal TVs to see the last bit of the Austria EM match. Very good.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:53 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

This may be of interest... Tristar acquired by Addison Lee.

http://www.tristarworldwide.com/news...ve-car-service
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:43 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Pick up in PEK yesterday. F class. BMW 7 Series with 300km on the clock

S
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Skywards silver
No phone call

Hey guys, flying out from LHR on ek8 tomorrow morning at 9:05am the chauffeur drive company still hasn't phoned yet to confirm pick up, it's currently 17:39 is this unusually late?? I have phoned Emirates local office, earlier this afternoon, who confirmed my pickup details and they said they would email company to tell them to phone me. I asked for the chauffeur number to phone them direct but she said she couldn't give it to me, is this normal? As my pick up is scheduled for 05:35am iam worried that they do not show. My father also has a car booked at the same time, from the same hotel under a different booking, and also hasn't had a phone call to confirm should this affect it?
Many thanks

Last edited by Bouncingsouls; Jul 2, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Hey guys, flying out from LHR on ek8 tomorrow morning at 9:05am the chauffeur drive company still hasn't phoned yet to confirm pick up, it's currently 17:39 is this unusually late?? I have phoned Emirates local office, earlier this afternoon, who confirmed my pickup details and they said they would email company to tell them to phone me. I asked for the chauffeur number to phone them direct but she said she couldn't give it to me, is this normal? As my pick up is scheduled for 05:35am iam worried that they do not show. My father also has a car booked at the same time, from the same hotel under a different booking, should this affect it?
Many thanks
Same thing happened to me in Vienna last week, called EK they confirmed it and the guy showed up in a lovely 7 series on time.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Same thing happened to me in Vienna last week, called EK they confirmed it and the guy showed up in a lovely 7 series on time.
Thanks for your reply. Our cars picked us up this morning bang on time, so worry for nothing last night.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: LY Silver, BA Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
Can the F car take 3

booked only 1 car from home to LHR but 3 of us. Luggage should be fine in the boot. do I need to tell them its 3 people (all on same booking) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.