Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Any recent success stories doing this?
They have tightened up on this now, by checking your eligibility through inputting details into the computer. I doubt you will have success. However, taxis are cheap and so are Ubers.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:45 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Latest pick-up PEK-Home, BMW 5 series.

Safe & Happy Travels
S
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
They have tightened up on this now, by checking your eligibility through inputting details into the computer. I doubt you will have success. However, taxis are cheap and so are Ubers.
When you add it online it will give you an error. You could try calling to request it and see if that works?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
When you add it online it will give you an error. You could try calling to request it and see if that works?
Nice idea, but knowing EK I'm pretty sure that would lessen your chances rather than increase them
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:25 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Pick up at Delhi Airport this week was a (somewhat tired) C Class Mercedes.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
They have been using the old C Class for several years now - at BOM some of them have clocked upwards of 250K kms. These cars are very noisy inside from the diesel clatter and have limited boot space. Might have been a premium sedan 10+ years but its time is over....
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:47 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jackiedada
They have been using the old C Class for several years now - at BOM some of them have clocked upwards of 250K kms. These cars are very noisy inside from the diesel clatter and have limited boot space. Might have been a premium sedan 10+ years but its time is over....
Yes indeed. In contrast the EY (Etihad) car that picked us up today was a gleaming new E Class Mercedes.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
the cars used by carzonrent @DEL can be either good or sometimes very tired.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
So, just a tip for you if you fly into LHR and want to take the car over the distance allowed by Emirates.

There are different prices depending on which car has been booked for you, if you fly F and get the S class then, it is about 50% more than if you fly business and get the E class.

Found this out recently when asked for the car to take me an extra 100 miles and was quoted a different price than the trip a few weeks earlier.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:38 am

Good tip !

This is precisely why, if ever I think I am likely to exceed the mileage limit - and irrespective of whether I am booked in F or J - I insist on being picked up by EK's CD in a humble Datsun Cherry

(to be honest, I don't know if Datsun Cherries actually exist any more ......?)
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:54 am

Random question...I know on AS award where I have a future EK F flight you can't book chauffeur over the phone/online. I actually have a QF F flight this week where I have a chauffeur booked at DXB. Is it possible when I go downstairs to the F class arrival area when I pick up the car and tell them about my future reservation on EK that they could possibly push it through the system at the airport for the future EK AS F award to get it booked?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:10 am

Hi ASUDan130, this type of issue has been covered more than once in recent months, and you have raised it yourself earlier in the thread.

It's not just a question of the car not being bookable "over the phone/online". The fact is, AS award tickets are simply not eligible for the CD service. EK ground staff now know this (and the relevant info is available to them in the res system) even if there was some uncertainty when the terms were initially changed.

IMHO you should just accept the restriction in the right spirit, and shell out a few dollars for a taxi, as others have already said ^
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I am very confused by MMB on my first adventure in J.

I live about 120 miles from LHR and called EK to enquire about the mileage supplement. We are two travellers and as such, seem to be entitled to two cars. I suggested sending on car and not charging a mileage supplement, but we seem to have agreed upon 1 car with half the supplement (£50.60 each way).

Here is what seems to be booked:

Drop-off at London Heathrow Airport, London, United Kingdom Flight EK002 at 13:35 on 14 Jan 16
Flight EK002 at 13:35 on 14 Jan 16

2 of 2 cars booked for drop-off to London Heathrow Airport, London for your flight.

Vehicle Contact details Pickup location Drop-off location Pickup time Status Actions
Drop-off 1
1 car + GBP50.60 On file London Heathrow Airport
London, United Kingdom
Terminal 3 On file
Confirmed
Remove Car menu, enter to keep or remove car. 'London Heathrow Airport, London, United Kingdom'
Drop-off 2
1 car xxxxxxxxxxx On file London Heathrow Airport
London, United Kingdom
Terminal 3 08:30
xxxxxx
Confirmed
Remove Car menu, enter to keep or remove car. 'London Heathrow Airport, London, United Kingdom'
* Mileage restrictions(Opens a new window) may apply and excess mileage costs will be charged if the complimentary limit is exceeded

The xxxxxxx replace my contact number for the sake of privacy.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by botham
I am very confused by MMB on my first adventure in J.

I live about 120 miles from LHR and called EK to enquire about the mileage supplement. We are two travellers and as such, seem to be entitled to two cars. I suggested sending on car and not charging a mileage supplement, but we seem to have agreed upon 1 car with half the supplement (£50.60 each way).

Here is what seems to be booked:

Drop-off at London Heathrow Airport, London, United Kingdom Flight EK002 at 13:35 on 14 Jan 16
Flight EK002 at 13:35 on 14 Jan 16

2 of 2 cars booked for drop-off to London Heathrow Airport, London for your flight.

Vehicle Contact details Pickup location Drop-off location Pickup time Status Actions
Drop-off 1
1 car + GBP50.60 On file London Heathrow Airport
London, United Kingdom
Terminal 3 On file
Confirmed
Drop-off 2
1 car xxxxxxxxxxx On file London Heathrow Airport
London, United Kingdom
Terminal 3 08:30
xxxxxx
Confirmed
* Mileage restrictions(Opens a new window) may apply and excess mileage costs will be charged if the complimentary limit is exceeded

The xxxxxxx replace my contact number for the sake of privacy.
Don't worry about it - EK passes those details on close to the time of departure. You will be called one or two days before by the contracted company (Carey), to confirm all the details directly with them and any excesses. When they call you, let them know you only want one car and ask about the excess charge.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Don't worry about it - EK passes those details on close to the time of departure. You will be called one or two days before by the contracted company (Carey), to confirm all the details directly with them and any excesses. When they call you, let them know you only want one car and ask about the excess charge.
Thanks. Today EK confirmed that MMB is incorrect and they have only booked one car. They also confirmed the excess, but I am unsure to whom I pay it and how.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.