Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 30, 18, 8:30 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: murtaza12
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Sep 15, 15, 12:32 pm
  #316  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxon, UK
Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,798
Originally Posted by Houstonflyer2139 View Post
Usually when the time to book the CD is up, ie the 24/48 hour rule, it disappears from manage my booking, whether it is booked or not. It is confirmed though.
Thanks - that seems to be what happened here. I don't recall ever noticing it before though.
pomkiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 15, 3:02 pm
  #317  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,047
Originally Posted by pomkiwi View Post
Thanks - that seems to be what happened here. I don't recall ever noticing it before though.
Checking your MMB too often for this trip then!
eternaltransit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 15, 3:05 pm
  #318  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxon, UK
Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,798
Quite possibly - so many scare stories on FT!

And neither the App nor the website reflected the fact that I had changed my initial flight from BHX to LHR - potentially adds to the anxiety!!
pomkiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 15, 5:03 am
  #319  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dubai / Cardiff / 39,000ft
Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
Posts: 134
21st September 2015 - DXB to BKK - BMW 7 Series

Booked the flight about 6 hours before departure, agent sent email to car company in BKK requesting car as traveling 1st and Platinum.

Very nice car and great driver, made a nice change from the usual Mercedes at BKK
Antdenatale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 15, 3:30 pm
  #320  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 95
How do I book in HKG for arriving and thus departing F transfer next month?
acquiescefc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 15, 8:26 pm
  #321  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,457
Originally Posted by acquiescefc View Post
How do I book in HKG for arriving and thus departing F transfer next month?
Booking is usually done through the website. Select "Manage an existing Booking" from the home page, scroll down and you'll find it.

Not all Hong Kong flights qualify.
ft101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 15, 5:06 am
  #322  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Booking is usually done through the website. Select "Manage an existing Booking" from the home page, scroll down and you'll find it.

Not all Hong Kong flights qualify.
Its not showing in my booking on the website hence my question.

Has anyone any experience of this?
acquiescefc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 15, 8:05 am
  #323  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,098
Originally Posted by acquiescefc View Post
Its not showing in my booking on the website hence my question.

Has anyone any experience of this?
Is it paid first class to/from DXB?

If so then you get the car, if not you are out of luck.
m3red is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 15, 12:49 pm
  #324  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
Is it paid first class to/from DXB?

If so then you get the car, if not you are out of luck.
Yes, paid First, No, not on itinerary screen.
acquiescefc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 15, 11:04 pm
  #325  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,098
Originally Posted by acquiescefc View Post
Yes, paid First, No, not on itinerary screen.
It should be then, call EK.

To be honest it's easier and quicker to get the airport express.
m3red is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 15, 1:08 am
  #326  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,098
I've seen this in a few places today but looks like some of the PCS owners/management are facing a court case with regard to allegedly adjusting the mileage on their vehicles.


http://www.licensedtransportuncovere...cy-to-defraud/
m3red is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 15, 2:31 am
  #327  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 12,652
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
I've seen this in a few places today but looks like some of the PCS owners/management are facing a court case with regard to allegedly adjusting the mileage on their vehicles.


http://www.licensedtransportuncovere...cy-to-defraud/
Have you seen that website? It could send a glass eye to sleep. I'd love to know who pays for it.... Let me have a guess... The various Black Taxi Drivers associations

I assumed you got PM'd by the same (now Suspended) person that was spamming this all over the place last night?

I spent some time trying to find a reference to this court case anywhere else other than on that site. I couldn't. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but there is somebody with a hidden agenda here.

Note that the charges are from 2006, which was well before the EK contract.

Other riveting reads :-

http://www.licensedtransportuncovere...-vrs-sat-navs/

http://www.licensedtransportuncovere...bout-the-truth

Last edited by DYKWIA; Oct 2, 15 at 2:40 am
DYKWIA is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 15, 11:55 am
  #328  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
As promised quite sometime ago I have returned to flyertalk.

Many thanks to the currently suspended poster on here named Dizzymaid (Sarah). She alerted me to concerns she had regarding Emirates contracted chauffeur drive company at MAN BHX & NCL.

Those concerns were ostensibly in relation to PCS's licensing arrangements.

As many of you will have seen from the link posted above by a forum ambassador there is a forthcoming court case involving PCS.

Bearing in mind the rules of sub judice I will not comment on the case except to clarify that the charges do indeed date back to 2006 but importantly up to July 2013. I would urge forum members to bear in mind the rules re sub judice.

A forum ambassador questioned the apparent lack of corroboration of the story linked above. Given his previous cosying up to PCS when concerns were raised I would question how hard he had tried.

I trust I am not being to impertinent in providing the links below which DYKWIA failed to find.

http://eservices.solihull.gov.uk/mgi...Id=14227&Opt=0

http://www.thechauffeur.com/cheshire...g-allegations/

http://edition.pagesuite-professiona...66df790&pnum=9

Thanks
MR

Last edited by MRobson; Oct 4, 15 at 2:40 pm Reason: To fix a link
MRobson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 15, 1:52 pm
  #329  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: BOM
Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,790
Originally Posted by MRobson View Post
As promised quite sometime ago I have returned to flyertalk.

Many thanks to the currently suspended poster on here named Dizzymaid (Sarah). She alerted me to concerns she had regarding Emirates contracted chauffeur drive company at MAN BHX & NCL.

Those concerns were ostensibly in relation to PCS's licensing arrangements.

As many of you will have seen from the link posted above by a forum ambassador there is a forthcoming court case involving PCS.

Bearing in mind the rules of sub judice I will not comment on the case except to clarify that the charges do indeed date back to 2006 but importantly up to July 2013. I would urge forum members to bear in mind the rules re sub judice.

A forum ambassador questioned the apparent lack of corroboration of the story linked above. Given his previous cosying up to PCS when concerns were raised I would question how hard he had tried.

I trust I am not being to impertinent in providing the links below which DYKWIA failed to find.

http://eservices.solihull.gov.uk/mgI...eDetails.aspx?

http://www.thechauffeur.com/cheshire...g-allegations/

http://edition.pagesuite-professiona...66df790&pnum=9

Thanks
MR
Not able to understand why PCS would tamper odometers so that they would appear to have traveled less than they actually have. Wouldn't it reduce their billings?
jackiedada is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 15, 2:41 pm
  #330  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,047
Originally Posted by jackiedada View Post
Not able to understand why PCS would tamper odometers so that they would appear to have traveled less than they actually have. Wouldn't it reduce their billings?
Likely to affect the terms of their financing - it's highly unlikely a company would acquire the fleet for cash (debt financed or otherwise), but lease/hire-purchase the vehicles instead. In the terms of the financing, there would be an annual mileage allowance, which if exceeded, would have a per mile cost to the company at the end of the term. A lower mileage would also affect the resale value of the cars, and/or any depreciation calculations.
eternaltransit is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: