Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:32 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
31st July 2015. Ex GLA. J Class

Mercedes Benz E-Class Estate. Driver was excellent. Came to the door to collect luggage. Driving standards excellent. Engaged in light conversation when I instigated it. Knowledgable about the GLA EK flights. No complaints.

1st August 2015. Arr. PEK. J Class

Arrivals area next to the barrier as you leave the customs hall. Man standing with EK board in plain sight. Confirms your name and then introduces you to the driver. Driver takes luggage trolley and we trek to the car park.

Audi (A4) I think, contracted through Avis. Acceptable Beijing driving. No conversation (my Chinese is non-existant). Got to my destination with no difficulties and luggage unloaded by the driver. No complaints.

All in all a nice experience.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saltire74
31st July 2015. Ex GLA. J Class

Mercedes Benz E-Class Estate. Driver was excellent. Came to the door to collect luggage. Driving standards excellent. Engaged in light conversation when I instigated it. Knowledgable about the GLA EK flights. No complaints.

1st August 2015. Arr. PEK. J Class

Arrivals area next to the barrier as you leave the customs hall. Man standing with EK board in plain sight. Confirms your name and then introduces you to the driver. Driver takes luggage trolley and we trek to the car park.

Audi (A4) I think, contracted through Avis. Acceptable Beijing driving. No conversation (my Chinese is non-existant). Got to my destination with no difficulties and luggage unloaded by the driver. No complaints.

All in all a nice experience.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Thanks!
Main post updated.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
If there are two passengers travelling together, therefore entitled to two cars, can one be booked at LHR with double the mileage allowance?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by botham
If there are two passengers travelling together, therefore entitled to two cars, can one be booked at LHR with double the mileage allowance?
That's any easy one to answer : "Negative"

The CD facility has undoubtedly proven to be one of the most useful enhancements in recent years. But do not expect flexibility where the prescribed T & C's are concerned.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by subject2load
That's any easy one to answer : "Negative"

The CD facility has undoubtedly proven to be one of the most useful enhancements in recent years. But do not expect flexibility where the prescribed T & C's are concerned.
Not double but they will waive you some extra mileage if you are two persons and only 1 car as you are entitled for 1 car per person. Have seen this only in LHR though (and you have to call them - EK)

Last edited by kuroko; Aug 14, 2015 at 11:25 am
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kuroko
Not double but they will waive you some extra mileage if you are two persons and only 1 car as you are entitled for 1 car per person. Have seen this only in LHR though (and you have to call them - EK)
I called them and they reduced the excess by 50%. I gratefully accepted.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by botham
I called them and they reduced the excess by 50%. I gratefully accepted.
Good to know. Thanks for coming back to the thread.,
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:01 am

CD service will be available in Orlando, just got a call for a future booking to MCO.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Disappearing CD Booking

Off from LHR tomorrow (flying F on Skywards miles). Had my CD booked and confirmed - showing in Manage Booking. Yesterday afternoon all reference to the CD booking (and a few hours later eligibility to book a car at my destination) disappeared from the web MMB and from the EK App on my phone. I will be phoning them soon but wondered if there is any experience about whether this is another example of EK's top IT or whether someone has cancelled my booking?
I will update with the conclusion.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Phoned EK reservations who confirm that they can see the CD booking in my reservation. Interestingly now visible again in the app but not online...
Will wait for the call from the car company this pm.
Another triumph for EK IT
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Phoned EK reservations who confirm that they can see the CD booking in my reservation. Interestingly now visible again in the app but not online...
Top EK IT - but thankfully at outstations, there is no automatic dump of the CD list to the contractor, there is a physical printout and email/fax(!)/phone to the company instead! ex-LHR it is Carey, so if they haven't called you the day before, give them a call to see if they have you on their list (they won't receive it until 24-48 hours though).
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS, Emirates iO (Invitation Only)
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Usually when the time to book the CD is up, ie the 24/48 hour rule, it disappears from manage my booking, whether it is booked or not. It is confirmed though.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Qatar Airways
Anyone know why chauffeur cars are only offered to first class passengers in Hong Kong?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by definitelymaybe
Anyone know why chauffeur cars are only offered to first class passengers in Hong Kong?
Perhaps the cost of the service does not justify it for J....
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Perhaps the cost of the service does not justify it for J....
first it was cancelled for J and F. maybe they lost too much market share to HKG so they reinstated it for F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.