Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 27, 20, 1:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Saltire74
Wiki Link
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 19, 22, 2:29 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by daisymay2 View Post
Another question.
If I pay cash plus some skyward miles for my ticket to reduce the total amount will I still be eligible for chauffeur drive please?
Yes, the type of ticket does not change so you get all the bells and whistles that come with the cash ticket.
daisymay2 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 22, 2:42 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Virgin Enrich Flying Blue Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
Yes, the type of ticket does not change so you get all the bells and whistles that come with the cash ticket.
Thank you very much!
Old Feb 23, 22, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC
When you book this, and one of the legs requires a supplement as its outwith mileage, when and how do you get charged? Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 22, 3:54 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by LothianLad View Post
When you book this, and one of the legs requires a supplement as its outwith mileage, when and how do you get charged? Thanks.
I think it depends on the outstation. I have only been charged twice (in AMS), both times paid the driver at the end of the trip by card. Incoming the driver informed me of the charges, outbound I was advised when the called to confirm the trip.
I have been out of mileage (by up to 20 or 25 miles using the 'driven miles' method) more than once in LHR, never been asked to pay.
Old Feb 23, 22, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
I think it depends on the outstation. I have only been charged twice (in AMS), both times paid the driver at the end of the trip by card. Incoming the driver informed me of the charges, outbound I was advised when the called to confirm the trip.
I have been out of mileage (by up to 20 or 25 miles using the 'driven miles' method) more than once in LHR, never been asked to pay.
Thanks. It's arrival into Sydney from GLA/DXB, and the distance is double the allowance (70km v 140km). Happy to pay, just wondering how they'll inform me, I'd expect them to do that in advance rather than have the driver spring it on me.
Old Feb 24, 22, 9:37 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Virgin Enrich Flying Blue Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Just ordered our chauffeur drive then see you should check in 3 hours before flying if flying business with bags.
Our flight is the 2pm MAN-DXB so what is the latest we have to be at the airport as I booked the car for 9.30am and the journey usually takes 2-2.5 hours depending on traffic. Should I order the car earlier? Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 22, 10:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Just ordered our chauffeur drive then see you should check in 3 hours before flying if flying business with bags.
Our flight is the 2pm MAN-DXB so what is the latest we have to be at the airport as I booked the car for 9.30am and the journey usually takes 2-2.5 hours depending on traffic. Should I order the car earlier? Thanks!
Don't worry about the 3 hours thing. The desks only open about 3.5 hours before the flight, so there will still be a big Y queue if you arrive at midday.
daisymay2 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 22, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Don't worry about the 3 hours thing. The desks only open about 3.5 hours before the flight, so there will still be a big Y queue if you arrive at midday.
Many thanks, will keep the 9.30 booking!
Old Feb 24, 22, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Another question.
If I pay cash plus some skyward miles for my ticket to reduce the total amount will I still be eligible for chauffeur drive please?
Perhaps there are compelling reasons in your case but if not, please try to avoid doing this !! As a money-saving option, it offers truly dreadful value for your miles 🥺
daisymay2 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 22, 6:33 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
Perhaps there are compelling reasons in your case but if not, please try to avoid doing this !! As a money-saving option, it offers truly dreadful value for your miles 🥺

Thanks! Yes I realize that as done that before but miles are due to expire soon. What annoys me though is that when I was going to book the flight the day before I would have got 3 times more cash than when I actually booked it yesterday so kicking myself on that one! The amount went down by a third!
Old Feb 25, 22, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@daisymay2 - I see. If they are due to expire, then yes, using (rather than losing) them in this way would qualify as one of the ‘compelling reasons’ I mentioned !

Emirates earn & burn rates within their Skywards programme could never be described as the best feature of the airline ; but of course the onboard product & service standards more than compensate, and it’s always been one of my favourite carriers, virtually from its birth back in the mid-eighties 😃

Have a good trip 👍

PS have you double-checked that your miles validity has not been extended under the Covid-related flexibility policy …… ?
Old Feb 25, 22, 12:41 pm

Thanks - they were extended. I agree about EK - last November we flew TK business for one trip as it was cheaper but you really can't beat EK!
We've been loyal Skywards members for years, sampled another airline once longhaul and realized we missed EK.
subject2load likes this.
Old Mar 2, 22, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
How do you contact the CD service in Dubai? Do they usually confirm the collection details a day or so before travel for the CD booking by text or email as they do in UK?
Old Mar 2, 22, 11:47 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Plat
Originally Posted by rosswill View Post
How do you contact the CD service in Dubai? Do they usually confirm the collection details a day or so before travel for the CD booking by text or email as they do in UK?
In Dubai, youll get a text to your registered number to remind you the day before, and a text when youre driver is at your pickup point. Ive never got an email or call like some outstations, but I find the Dubai process the most efficient and the place I worry the least.
Old Mar 3, 22, 12:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2 View Post
In Dubai, youll get a text to your registered number to remind you the day before, and a text when youre driver is at your pickup point. Ive never got an email or call like some outstations, but I find the Dubai process the most efficient and the place I worry the least.
thank you

Search this Thread