Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
AMS: got a Mercedes S class with Maybach interior, arriving in J!
Maybe this had to do with the fact that we wanted to be dropped off 130KM away whilst the 'free' limit is 65KM. The excellent driver told me that they do lots of work outside the 65KM, even into Belgium and Germany. Totally unfazed about the distance, which answers the question I posed upthread.
All in all a bit of an expensive drive (113 on my card), but totally worth it as the alternative was 3 trains and arriving late at my destination for 52 for the two of us.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by thijsseh
AMS: got a Mercedes S class with Maybach interior, arriving in J!
Maybe this had to do with the fact that we wanted to be dropped off 130KM away whilst the 'free' limit is 65KM. The excellent driver told me that they do lots of work outside the 65KM, even into Belgium and Germany. Totally unfazed about the distance, which answers the question I posed upthread.
All in all a bit of an expensive drive (113 on my card), but totally worth it as the alternative was 3 trains and arriving late at my destination for 52 for the two of us.
Good to hear 👍
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Speaking of the S class, anyone got an update about the ones in Dubai. I hear there arent many, still lots of the old F cars in DXB still hanging around.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
I regret to inform my San Diego bretheren that EK no longer provides complimentary CD to "selected ZIP codes in San Diego" to LAX - it's now 50 miles + 28.75 USD per 10 extra miles.

Guess I'll just rent a car.
Old May 14, 2018, 3:50 am
Suspended

Doesnt EK provide CD at DPS ?
Old May 14, 2018, 11:51 am

Availability is detailed on the website here:https://www.emirates.com/english/exp...auffeur-drive/
Old May 16, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: WN A+ Preffered CP, DL SK GOld, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
I regret to inform my San Diego bretheren that EK no longer provides complimentary CD to "selected ZIP codes in San Diego" to LAX - it's now 50 miles + 28.75 USD per 10 extra miles.

Guess I'll just rent a car.
First time flying EK and booked this trip and service months ago. 2 days ago I received a confirmation and everything ok. Woke up this am and have an email in my inbox stating that I know owe 250.00 dollars. Not starting off good.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by winston vickers
First time flying EK and booked this trip and service months ago. 2 days ago I received a confirmation and everything ok. Woke up this am and have an email in my inbox stating that I know owe 250.00 dollars. Not starting off good.
Call EK or use the online chat. If it was booked and confirmed before they changed the CD coverage, I'd expect EK to honour it.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:25 am

Where exactly are you located that would cause them to charge $250? You ask them to drive out to LAS? Or meet you on ZYZZX road on the 15?

Did they charge you to get the CD driver OUT to you? I decided to just pay the $145 I thought it might be to Temecula (extra 41 miles ~ 5 blocks of 10 miles * 28.75) since it's a pain to drop off a car at LAX, but if they're charging BOTH ways then that's out of control.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: WN A+ Preffered CP, DL SK GOld, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Where exactly are you located that would cause them to charge $250? You ask them to drive out to LAS? Or meet you on ZYZZX road on the 15?

Did they charge you to get the CD driver OUT to you? I decided to just pay the $145 I thought it might be to Temecula (extra 41 miles ~ 5 blocks of 10 miles * 28.75) since it's a pain to drop off a car at LAX, but if they're charging BOTH ways then that's out of control.
I do own a home in Las Vegas AND San Diego, where I'm waiting for the car service at this point. I booked the reservation for flights in October and at that point SAN was covered. I was just chatting with EK and they changed their policy in March. According to their terms, they don't HAVE to contact us with any changes, so I'm SOL. The gentleman suggested that I write into Customer Relations? As another caveat I am retired from an airline and would have made other arrangements. Just irritating that I get no notice. I took a screen shot of the comments he wrote where they recognized that it was covered at the time of booking but they have the right to change.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:53 pm

I do own a home in Las Vegas AND San Diego, where I'm waiting for the car service at this point. I booked the reservation for flights in October and at that point SAN was covered. I was just chatting with EK and they changed their policy in March. According to their terms, they don't HAVE to contact us with any changes, so I'm SOL. The gentleman suggested that I write into Customer Relations? As another caveat I am retired from an airline and would have made other arrangements. Just irritating that I get no notice. I took a screen shot of the comments he wrote where they recognized that it was covered at the time of booking but they have the right to change.
More data points to help you out - from the Wayback machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170529...auffeur-drive/

https://web.archive.org/web/20161020...33-3103670.pdf
Old May 25, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
@murtaza12

If you could please add STN ( Standsted Airport in the UK) to the list, as per the CD contractor ( Tristar) own words.

First Class- Mercedes S Class
Business Class- Mercedes E Class

First Class and Business Class passengers: within 50 driven miles of the airport.

Thanks
murtaza12 likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601
@murtaza12

If you could please add STN ( Standsted Airport in the UK) to the list, as per the CD contractor ( Tristar) own words.

First Class- Mercedes S Class
Business Class- Mercedes E Class

First Class and Business Class passengers: within 50 driven miles of the airport.

Thanks
STN added.

Thanks for the update.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Emirates Chauffeur question?

Hello EK Flyertalkers!
Today I have myself an interesting dilemma involving the EK chauffeur service.
I am flying CMB-DXB-ORD-DXB-CMB in F but wish not to fly the DXB-CMB leg and instead use the chauffeur to reach my home in AUH,
Is this possible? Layover is 14.5 hours
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
Hello EK Flyertalkers!
Today I have myself an interesting dilemma involving the EK chauffeur service.
I am flying CMB-DXB-ORD-DXB-CMB in F but wish not to fly the DXB-CMB leg and instead use the chauffeur to reach my home in AUH,
Is this possible? Layover is 14.5 hours
That shouldn't be a problem. Just go to the chauffeur drive desk with your F boarding pass, and they'll sort a car out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.