Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by hazban
Impressed by the quality cars you have been allocated and interesting to read what type to expect, generally have to agree.
However in early March my Chauffer failed to arrive for a trip to catch a NCL flight, despite a confirmation call the day before! Got a phone call ten minutes before his arrival time to say that the driver had not "clocked on" and no one had noticed.
Hastily arranged a local taxi for the 70mile trip.
Arriving back in MAN, First, I was allocated an Addison Lee taxi with yellow "not for private hire" stickers on it, not my idea of a limousine service. Don't want to appear too entitled when it comes to travel, but I think Emirates have let me down a bit on this occasion.
I would inform Emirates of such events, that is shoddy and not to be expected. EK also do not like to hear they are being swindled by their contractors.
murtaza12 and Will08 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
I would inform Emirates of such events, that is shoddy and not to be expected. EK also do not like to hear they are being swindled by their contractors.
+ 1

You really must tell EK about your unacceptable experience, and you should not feel “too entitled” in doing so - not remotely.

I have used a lot of CD cars around the world when flying EK and not once had anything as described by hazban (and would imagine that very, very few others have)

murtaza12 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold. Hilton Gold, EK Platinum
"Originally Posted by Flame3601 "I would inform Emirates of such events, that is shoddy and not to be expected. EK also do not like to hear they are being swindled by their contractors."

Thank you for the input, I have sent an email and received an automated reply. Did try to explain myself on the Gold Line to no avail, awaiting to hear back in "the next ten days".

Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
Traveled F from MXP-DXB last week and I was picked up by a S class.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by LaFerrari
It would be helpful to know which city that was in. Presumably MXP?
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:20 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Looking at your username, that would have been a letdown
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It would be helpful to know which city that was in. Presumably MXP?
Yes, Milan.
murtaza12 and skywardhunter like this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yes, Milan.
Just wasn't quite clear if you meant picked up in MXP or after flight in DXB ^
LaFerrari likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Another +1

I got a reply from EK within 10 days which was actually quite specific to the complaint rather than the generic reply others have mentioned. They agreed the CD had failed to provide the correct standard of service and compensated me with a decent amount of miles.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver

Today's EK F chauffeur

So much for the S class chauffeur cars in F, instead the vast majority of the cars seem to be of this model.
Heck, even EY offers a better car in J now (in AUH)
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold. Hilton Gold, EK Platinum
Just an update. Emirates have credited 15K miles for the poor service and promised to review the arrangements so it "doesn't happen again"!
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by hazban
Just an update. Emirates have credited 15K miles for the poor service and promised to review the arrangements so it "doesn't happen again"!
Good result, thanks for the update!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Planning a trip to KUL, unfortunately there's no CD there.

Any recommendations on airport transfers? Something with a large enough vehicle for 6 pax + luggage.

Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:55 am

Currently on the way to the airport ( CPT), traveling in F, in a VW Passat with charter services written on the side of the car in small bold letters. The driver is clearly exhausted, nothing says first class like driving down the M3 with the “chauffeur” drinking a can of monster!

whats going on Bidvest !?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:36 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Currently on the way to the airport ( CPT), traveling in F, in a VW Passat with charter services written on the side of the car in small bold letters. The driver is clearly exhausted, nothing says first class like driving down the M3 with the “chauffeur” drinking a can of monster!

whats going on Bidvest !?
Yes, I have had poor experiences in CPT recently as well. I had a VW 'transporter' 6 weeks ago on arrival in F. Driver put our luggage in the middle row of seats (why not in the luggage area in the back still beats me) and 'invited' us to sit in the back row, which was tortuous to get into and had domestic Y legroom. Then got lost in Paarden Eiland (on the way to Blouberg). Next time it will probably a 'shared' minibus taxi

Probably worth complaining to EK. Not to get 'compensation', just to get decent CD service. I should have done so at the time, but was too surprised / confused about the whole episode to take it further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.