Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by S.R
So I guess either EK is not sticking to one car service provider for JFK or already got out of their contract with FlyteTime. EK is using Addison Lee Group at JFK now. Never heard of them, but looks like they're a big car service provider in the UK?
Addison Lee bought over Flyte Time about a year ago.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:56 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
Addison Lee bought over Flyte Time about a year ago.
Ah that makes sense. Just thought it was odd as the last 2 times the text message received was from FlyteTime but this week was from Addison Lee.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
As Sapphire Travel Management, who handle BHX chauffeur cars, could not contact me last evening to confirm my car for today they:
emailed me, texted and left a voice mail asking me to call them
mighty impresses.
SS
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Got a 13hr stopover coming up later on in the year and during that time i am planning go into Dubai, any chance of calling EK for CD booking or would it be better try on the day to get the CD desk in DXB to organise me a trip out and and return trip back to the airport. First time doing such a thing and no CD booking portal opens up for me sadly on MMB , so is it even allowed ?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Got a 13hr stopover coming up later on in the year and during that time i am planning go into Dubai, any chance of calling EK for CD booking or would it be better try on the day to get the CD desk in DXB to organise me a trip out and and return trip back to the airport. First time doing such a thing and no CD booking portal opens up for me sadly on MMB , so is it even allowed ?
In my experience, they only give on the spot CD if it's not during rush hour, so keep that in mind.

You should call / email them to arrange it and then have a copy of the CD confirmation sent to your email.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
In my experience, they only give on the spot CD if it's not during rush hour, so keep that in mind.

You should call / email them to arrange it and then have a copy of the CD confirmation sent to your email.
Thank you for your insight Murtaza. DXB always seems busy to me so would the timeframe of 07:00-08:00 pick up from airport to around about 17:00 to 18:00 for the return be non-peak ? I usually am solely transit.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your insight Murtaza. DXB always seems busy to me so would the timeframe of 07:00-08:00 pick up from airport to around about 17:00 to 18:00 for the return be non-peak ? I usually am solely transit.
There's quite a bit of traffic early in the morning, so I would never go to the CD desk without having booked a car in advance.

As for the evening, EK614 flies out of DXB at around 9ish (in the summer), so my chauffeur usually comes around 6:00, check-in counters mostly empty and the lounge is not full at all, so those definitely aren't peak hours.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
There's quite a bit of traffic early in the morning, so I would never go to the CD desk without having booked a car in advance.

As for the evening, EK614 flies out of DXB at around 9ish (in the summer), so my chauffeur usually comes around 6:00, check-in counters mostly empty and the lounge is not full at all, so those definitely aren't peak hours.
Thanks once again , will report back once i select where i wanna go and be picked up from.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Thanks once again , will report back once i select where i wanna go and be picked up from.
There was a report a while back that EK had stopped allowing CD on connections (other than the STPC to and from the hotel). It would be interesting to see if that's the case.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:05 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Back in September, I had to change my return trip (AMS/DXB/CPT) after making the changes (had to use the call centre as I had to spit a 2 pax PNR into two single ones), I was suddenly offered CD in DXB on MMB (for a 2 or 3 hour connection).
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Back in September, I had to change my return trip (AMS/DXB/CPT) after making the changes (had to use the call centre as I had to spit a 2 pax PNR into two single ones), I was suddenly offered CD in DXB on MMB (for a 2 or 3 hour connection).
Good tip , if all else fails will try that ! DKYWIA i shall update the thread if anything gets confirmed my side.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:26 am
Ambassador, Emirates

The official rule (but you probably knew this already) is:
  • Chauffeur-drive service can be provided at stopover points when the passenger has paid a fare (including applicable taxes) that allows a stopover. The service is not available in cities where the passenger is in transit (i.e. where there is less than 24 hours between connecting flights).
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:21 am

The official rule (but you probably knew this already) is:
  • Chauffeur-drive service can be provided at stopover points when the passenger has paid a fare (including applicable taxes) that allows a stopover. The service is not available in cities where the passenger is in transit (i.e. where there is less than 24 hours between connecting flights).
Yeah thought that was the rule and even read the same thing in the T&C's section yesterday , i am going to change my flight to depart on the 6th instead so i have a full 24hr+ stopover in Dubai as this trip is actually a bit of a tier mile run to renew Plat. Flying door to door for 48hrs + isn't smart , especially when the majority of the flying is in Y - so a hotel room will break the trip up ! I will have to settle for the Dubai metro or an uber from DXB when arriving from CPT in Y , saw on a recent report in the trip report section of flyertalk that some guy got a Tesla on his uber black trip ... not bad at all ! :P
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:50 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Yeah thought that was the rule and even read the same thing in the T&C's section yesterday , i am going to change my flight to depart on the 6th instead so i have a full 24hr+ stopover in Dubai as this trip is actually a bit of a tier mile run to renew Plat. Flying door to door for 48hrs + isn't smart , especially when the majority of the flying is in Y - so a hotel room will break the trip up ! I will have to settle for the Dubai metro or an uber from DXB when arriving from CPT in Y , saw on a recent report in the trip report section of flyertalk that some guy got a Tesla on his uber black trip ... not bad at all ! :P
Flying in Y to renew Plat. That's a first I'm sure (no pun intended).
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:09 am

Flying in Y to renew Plat. That's a first I'm sure (no pun intended).
Well , i am just about 10,000 tier miles short of a plat renewal and really do not wanna splash the cash for a J trip also time is tight this year in 2018. I also every year just hit the 150,000 tier mile threshold when requalifying so every flight does count. The plan is for this trip , CPT-DXB-BEY in Flex Plus , got DXB-BEY upgraded both ways in J with miles and hoping award space on the CPT-DXB-CPT flights open up sometime down the line as i wanna burn some miles. I was hoping last year that my trip to London and another trip to HKG this year would cover me to my tier collection date , but they have fell through so i am now hanging short , but bright side is I'm trying QR to LHR this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.