Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I suggest you cancel your ticket with EK and rather book with an airline that can provide a more rekiarel complimentary chauffeur service.
DYKWIA and thijsseh like this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Was surprised, in Buenos Aires, they are using Tienda Leon....clearly not luxury at all...I guess we were just happy to reach our hotel. In Rio, if you compare, nice Mercedes and top notch service!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:35 pm

Web site says CD within 80km of LIS. While booking I noticed in an unobvious location and font size it says 40km. Chat with customer service said it's 80, though she used the web site page to confirm that. Given they can change their terms of service at any time, seems I need to have that chat again at my layover airport and keep the transcript. Are there any better options?

Is it naive to think it's possible the driver would be a reliable source if I ask what is the free distance?

If it matters, it's class C on BKK-DBX-LIS
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by mjmal51
AL were mentioned but according to this Tristar now provide the service,

http://www.thechauffeur.com/tristar-wins-emirates-manchester-contract/

Try contacting them

Edit - it appears Tristar are part of Addison Lee

http://www.tristarworldwide.com/

My next flight from MAN using the Emirates chauffeur is not until Nov.
In my last 4 flights I've had the chauffeur service at MAN they've always arrived about 15 minutes before hand. I don't really like the E200's they use but hey, I'm a BMW guy.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Would I be able to request a chauffeur pickup going to LGW South Terminal departures for a BA flight on a separate ticket?

Last edited by MosquesAndKebabs; Aug 27, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
Would I be able to request a chauffeur pickup going to LGW South Terminal departures for a BA flight on a separate ticket?
You mean pickup from LGW and drop you at another LGW terminal? Then no, as the terms and conditions prohibit inter-terminal transfers. If from another airport then probably yes but to be safe it might be better to set a nearby hotel as destination and then ask the driver if he can drop you at the airport. If not go to the hotel then walk or take a cab (or the hotel shuttle)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:18 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
There is an inter-terminal transit train landslide that takes a few minutes.

S
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Saltire74

S
Much quicker on the train than even getting to the CD car!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:21 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Most definitely

S
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You mean pickup from LGW and drop you at another LGW terminal? Then no, as the terms and conditions prohibit inter-terminal transfers. If from another airport then probably yes but to be safe it might be better to set a nearby hotel as destination and then ask the driver if he can drop you at the airport. If not go to the hotel then walk or take a cab (or the hotel shuttle)

S

Most definitely

S
Yes I will arrive on EK 15 and have a BA flight to catch around 4 hours later.

I will have 2 large checked bags and a carry-on trolley, so thought CD would be easier with handling.

I'll just take the train then.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:24 pm

I will have 2 large checked bags and a carry-on trolley, so thought CD would be easier with handling.
Definitely not. Putting the luggage on a trolley at the baggage carousel and then making your way (by train) to the other terminal and BA checkin is 100% less hassle, easier and quicker.

Could you not get the bags checked through to your final (BA) destination?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:57 am

Definitely not. Putting the luggage on a trolley at the baggage carousel and then making your way (by train) to the other terminal and BA checkin is 100% less hassle, easier and quicker.

I'll take your word for it!

I'll certainly try to get bags checked through, I've found MAA staff to be quite competent so hoping they can do it.

Thanks for the advise everyone!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

BA won't even accept checked bags from their own flights unless its all one one ticket
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
BA won't even accept checked bags from their own flights unless its all one one ticket
Yes, they do - though it very much depends on the departure station and individual chec-in staff. From the UK, in my experience, it is pretty much a no no. However, to the UK it does sometimes work, though might require speaking to ground staff at the transfer airport e.g. when picking up the (BA) boarding pass in order for the luggage tag numbers being entered into their system and linked to the pax and flight.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Can one take a companion if you go to different stops? Can they be dropped off after you?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.