Need advise

Old Jul 3, 14, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards,
Need advise

i booked 2 return first class ticket using miles from US to Dubai. Needless to say, i shelled out hefty "fuel surcharge and tax" along with tons of miles.

Now i want to change my travel date for my return journey as we have already reached DXB. No F class mileage seats are available for the date we desire. We are willing to settle for economy. However, EK is NOT will to refund any of the hefty tax (difference) or the miles as they are calling this as "involuntary downgrade".

I don't get this. Shouldn't they charge for what we are flying in? It does not seem to make any sense and i fell cheated. Am i wrong?
Old Jul 3, 14, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
i booked 2 return first class ticket using miles from US to Dubai. Needless to say, i shelled out hefty "fuel surcharge and tax" along with tons of miles.

Now i want to change my travel date for my return journey as we have already reached DXB. No F class mileage seats are available for the date we desire. We are willing to settle for economy. However, EK is NOT will to refund any of the hefty tax (difference) or the miles as they are calling this as "involuntary downgrade".

I don't get this. Shouldn't they charge for what we are flying in? It does not seem to make any sense and i fell cheated. Am i wrong?
So to get this right, you've booked using Skywards miles?
If that's the case, the terms and conditions are pretty clear on the matter.

Once you've flown the outbound you can either change the dates subject to availability OR cancel without refund. Changing the class of travel is not permitted, so for them to allow a downgrade I'd say a pretty generous offering on EK side.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: