FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Will a 1:30 connection time in DXB be sufficient? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1590668-will-1-30-connection-time-dxb-sufficient.html)

Jacob Choi Jul 1, 14 9:52 pm

Will a 1:30 connection time in DXB be sufficient?
 
Hello! I know this has been posted before but I am still slightly worried. I am flying from LHR to HKG via DXB on the 18th of July Friday (This is when school ends and I am going home for summer holidays...) For some reason that I do not know of, I am booked on QF 10 leaving LHR 22:15PM on the 18th and arriving at DXB at 8:30AM on the 19th, connecting to EK 380 departing DXB at 10:05 AM. I know a connection of 1.5 hr is sufficient is adequate for most connections, but I have been in scenarios whereby I am delayed my more than an hour in LHR, and from what I've heard, transferring in DXB during the morning rush hour is an absolute nightmare. I was just wondering whether I will be eligible for a rebooking if my QF flight does arrive late and I miss my connection, and whether I would be able to receive compensation.

jackiedada Jul 1, 14 10:59 pm

Actually 8:30 am is about getting past peak time and so you'll encounter lesser crowds and a much quick passage through transit security. I've routinely done much tighter connections (arr 8:10 dep 9:35) without any issues. The key here is your LHR flight - so long as that is able to arrive on time, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

I assume you are on a code share with EK (QF10/EK6 ->EK380) and if you miss your connection, EK would take care of you.

SirJman Jul 2, 14 12:46 am


Originally Posted by Jacob Choi (Post 23128725)
Hello! I know this has been posted before but I am still slightly worried. I am flying from LHR to HKG via DXB on the 18th of July Friday (This is when school ends and I am going home for summer holidays...) For some reason that I do not know of, I am booked on QF 10 leaving LHR 22:15PM on the 18th and arriving at DXB at 8:30AM on the 19th, connecting to EK 380 departing DXB at 10:05 AM. I know a connection of 1.5 hr is sufficient is adequate for most connections, but I have been in scenarios whereby I am delayed my more than an hour in LHR, and from what I've heard, transferring in DXB during the morning rush hour is an absolute nightmare. I was just wondering whether I will be eligible for a rebooking if my QF flight does arrive late and I miss my connection, and whether I would be able to receive compensation.

LHR is far more of a nightmare than DXB at anytime of the day. It may be crowded, but its still well managed.

sadiqhassan Jul 2, 14 2:35 am

You should be fine; however, if you absolutely need to be in HK that day, I wouldn't be comfortable with the connection as delays can certainly happen.

If you do miss the flight, EK will send you on the next flight and will give you a hotel and meals in DXB.

DomesticusTaxmius Jul 2, 14 3:47 am

I had a similar connection time going from MAN-DXB-BLR. The MAN flight arrived 30 minutes late so I just cleared security and jumped straight on the BLR plane. This was at "peak" time at DXB so you should be fine.

If in doubt - leg it off the plane ;)

678flyer Jul 3, 14 12:10 am


Originally Posted by jackiedada (Post 23128909)
I assume you are on a code share with EK (QF10/EK6 ->EK380) and if you miss your connection, EK would take care of you.

They are different flights actually - EK6 leaves at 10:15pm followed by QF10 at 10:25pm. QF10 has a 1:30pm departure from July 21.

OP - you will be fine unless you have any physical challenges.

jackiedada Jul 3, 14 12:31 am


Originally Posted by 678flyer (Post 23135025)
They are different flights actually - EK6 leaves at 10:15pm followed by QF10 at 10:25pm. QF10 has a 1:30pm departure from July 21.

Thanks for the correction...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:44 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.