FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Will a 1:30 connection time in DXB be sufficient? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1590668-will-1-30-connection-time-dxb-sufficient.html)

Jacob Choi Jul 1, 14 9:52 pm

Will a 1:30 connection time in DXB be sufficient?

Hello! I know this has been posted before but I am still slightly worried. I am flying from LHR to HKG via DXB on the 18th of July Friday (This is when school ends and I am going home for summer holidays...) For some reason that I do not know of, I am booked on QF 10 leaving LHR 22:15PM on the 18th and arriving at DXB at 8:30AM on the 19th, connecting to EK 380 departing DXB at 10:05 AM. I know a connection of 1.5 hr is sufficient is adequate for most connections, but I have been in scenarios whereby I am delayed my more than an hour in LHR, and from what I've heard, transferring in DXB during the morning rush hour is an absolute nightmare. I was just wondering whether I will be eligible for a rebooking if my QF flight does arrive late and I miss my connection, and whether I would be able to receive compensation.

jackiedada Jul 1, 14 10:59 pm

Actually 8:30 am is about getting past peak time and so you'll encounter lesser crowds and a much quick passage through transit security. I've routinely done much tighter connections (arr 8:10 dep 9:35) without any issues. The key here is your LHR flight - so long as that is able to arrive on time, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

I assume you are on a code share with EK (QF10/EK6 ->EK380) and if you miss your connection, EK would take care of you.

SirJman Jul 2, 14 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Jacob Choi (Post 23128725)
Hello! I know this has been posted before but I am still slightly worried. I am flying from LHR to HKG via DXB on the 18th of July Friday (This is when school ends and I am going home for summer holidays...) For some reason that I do not know of, I am booked on QF 10 leaving LHR 22:15PM on the 18th and arriving at DXB at 8:30AM on the 19th, connecting to EK 380 departing DXB at 10:05 AM. I know a connection of 1.5 hr is sufficient is adequate for most connections, but I have been in scenarios whereby I am delayed my more than an hour in LHR, and from what I've heard, transferring in DXB during the morning rush hour is an absolute nightmare. I was just wondering whether I will be eligible for a rebooking if my QF flight does arrive late and I miss my connection, and whether I would be able to receive compensation.

LHR is far more of a nightmare than DXB at anytime of the day. It may be crowded, but its still well managed.

sadiqhassan Jul 2, 14 2:35 am

You should be fine; however, if you absolutely need to be in HK that day, I wouldn't be comfortable with the connection as delays can certainly happen.

If you do miss the flight, EK will send you on the next flight and will give you a hotel and meals in DXB.

DomesticusTaxmius Jul 2, 14 3:47 am

I had a similar connection time going from MAN-DXB-BLR. The MAN flight arrived 30 minutes late so I just cleared security and jumped straight on the BLR plane. This was at "peak" time at DXB so you should be fine.

If in doubt - leg it off the plane ;)

678flyer Jul 3, 14 12:10 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada (Post 23128909)
I assume you are on a code share with EK (QF10/EK6 ->EK380) and if you miss your connection, EK would take care of you.

They are different flights actually - EK6 leaves at 10:15pm followed by QF10 at 10:25pm. QF10 has a 1:30pm departure from July 21.

OP - you will be fine unless you have any physical challenges.

jackiedada Jul 3, 14 12:31 am

Originally Posted by 678flyer (Post 23135025)
They are different flights actually - EK6 leaves at 10:15pm followed by QF10 at 10:25pm. QF10 has a 1:30pm departure from July 21.

Thanks for the correction...