Wiki Posts
Search

A380 business lounge dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club, Skywards
A380 business lounge dubai

Do all the a380s dock into a380 terminal in dubai? Reason I ask is that do you always get the new business class lounge for the a380s in concourse A?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:11 pm

No. All 380s do not go to Concourse A and all planes at Concourse A are not A380s.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:12 pm

Not the Gatwick flight that i travelled on a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Depending on time you can always visit the Concourse A Business Lounge if you wish even if your flight isn't an A380 or leaving from Concourse B. Just speak to the person on the door and say you know you'll have to get the shuttle to B but you will leave in plenty of time. A380s don't always leave from Concourse A.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Each to their own I guess, but personally I could never be bothered to use a lounge that is further away than necessary from the departing aircraft.

I just make my way to the 'correct' lounge, settle in, and relax there right until call time, rather than saddling myself with the worry of a separate journey on the shuttle.

For me a key benefit of lounges is proximity to the gate. Of course, this varies significantly from one airport /airline to another. When in BKK recently, I found the considerable distance between the Emirates lounge and my particular flight to be a real drag. Can't imagine why I would choose to have that hassle if there was an alternative option.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club, Skywards
Is there any particular timetable as to which a380s dock at concourse A?

I'm looking at going from dxb to Lhr on the 15.40 flight.

It seems from what I have read the business lounge in A is much better than B
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:29 pm

I could be wrong, but I'd say the idea of any such information being published is most unlikely. It's all down to "operational requirements" and although there may well be a pattern of probability, I suspect you would only get to know for sure on the day of travel.

Others will perhaps confirm/deny.

Last edited by subject2load; Jun 24, 2014 at 5:48 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:41 pm

Can you visit more than one lounge? I have an 8 hour plus layover (not eligible for Dubai Connect). A little variety might be nice.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chilicat
Can you visit more than one lounge? I have an 8 hour plus layover (not eligible for Dubai Connect). A little variety might be nice.
Visit as many as you like and as many times as you like...
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by avicov
Is there any particular timetable as to which a380s dock at concourse A?

I'm looking at going from dxb to Lhr on the 15.40 flight.

It seems from what I have read the business lounge in A is much better than B
There is nothing stopping you from going into the J lounge at concourse A even if your flight is from B. Just tell the EK staff manning the lounge that you are aware that it takes 30 minutes to reach your gate and that you will plan your travel to the gate accordingly...
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Visit as many as you like and as many times as you like...
However, you are only allowed to be in one lounge at a time.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Each to their own I guess, but personally I could never be bothered to use a lounge that is further away than necessary from the departing aircraft.

I just make my way to the 'correct' lounge, settle in, and relax there right until call time, rather than saddling myself with the worry of a separate journey on the shuttle.

For me a key benefit of lounges is proximity to the gate. Of course, this varies significantly from one airport /airline to another. When in BKK recently, I found the considerable distance between the Emirates lounge and my particular flight to be a real drag. Can't imagine why I would choose to have that hassle if there was an alternative option.
Me too, I prefer a lounge but would never dream of going if my flight left b gate. More to worry about than this.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
However, you are only allowed to be in one lounge at a time.
But what if you were a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:30 am

Must say I am somewhat bemused by the number of posts I see about wanting to visit lounges well away from the gate, as opposed to the one most convenient to it.

When the new DWC airport out at Jebel Ali is complete, it will doubtless have shiny new lounges. I have a vision of someone posting along the lines of
"Quick question please......I thought it would be good to use the new lounge at DWC, I've heard it's really special, but just wondered if this would work ok, given that my flight actually leaves from the original DXB .....? Has anyone tried doing this, and is it in fact allowed ....?"
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
I much prefer Concourse A Lounge so if I'm arriving at B and my flight is A (or arriving at A and flights B) and I have enough time I'll ususally hit up A and walk before after. I'm usually GLA-CMB to my times in Dxb are either relatively short (1hr) or longer (8hrs) depending on flight times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.