Multiple Destinations Option

Old Jun 21, 14, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold
Multiple Destinations Option

Good day to you all,

As I may have pointed out before, BHX is my local airport but it doesn't offer a first class seating option.

Okay, I am looking at flights to New Zealand via DXB. If I choose the multiple destination option, I can pick BHX to DXB business and then DXB to AUCK first class but because I would be choosing 'multiple destination' would the e-ticket show my booking as BHX-DXB-AUCK when I check in at BHX or would it be separate segments and mean I need to collect my luggage at DXB and check in again for the DXB-AUCK flight?

I hope that makes sense when you read it, thank you!!
Old Jun 21, 14, 1:26 pm

I'm not sure of it will be separate segments or not, but you can always ask to put AUCK on the baggage label. The last time that wasn't a problem with EK when I showed my confirmation.
Old Jun 21, 14, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

So you didn't have to check in again when you got to DXB?
Old Jun 21, 14, 2:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
When GLA to DXB was operated by 2 class aircraft I regularly booked business to DXB and First between DXB and AKL. All legs appeared on the same e-ticket and baggage was tagged through to AKL at Glasgow (and vice versa).
Old Jun 21, 14, 2:50 pm

No, you don't have to check in again as long as all legs are on the same e-ticket, as mentioned by albaonthego.
Old Jun 21, 14, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Fantastic!!

Thanks both.
Old Jun 21, 14, 3:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Even if both tickets are not on the same e-ticket you can get your boarding pass to the final destination and ask for your luggage to be checked all the way through . (provided the transit
at DXB is a short one (Less than 24hrsAFAIK). I have done it many times ex LGW on separate tickets LGW DXB and DXB DEL (In different classes)

It might be cheaper for you to book the trip as a J ticket and upgrade the individual sectors with F availability rather than booking using the multiple destinations .
Old Jun 21, 14, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post
Even if both tickets are not on the same e-ticket you can get your boarding pass to the final destination and ask for your luggage to be checked all the way through . (provided the transit
at DXB is a short one (Less than 24hrsAFAIK)
Same experience for me, as long as long as the transit time is <24hrs, you can ask them to put your luggage through to the final destination, even if the two legs are on completely different tickets, I've never had a problem getting them to do this.

I would always double check the label they put on is correct though

Search this Thread
Search Engine: