FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Should I wait or go for it? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1586108-should-i-wait-go.html)

Ahmed777 Jun 17, 14 12:09 pm

Should I wait or go for it?
 
Hi guys.

I have 25k miles to burn.

Flying in Y on the 29th DUR-LHR-DUR. Want to upgrade to J with miles but there is no availability on that route yet.

I am also doing DUR-LGW-DUR leaving on Christmas Day and returning on New Years Day.

The DXB-LGW and LGW-DXB have upgrade space, but I would prefer to upgrade the flight I have coming in two weeks. Should I go for the LGW flight as I risk losing those seats or should I wait (and pray) that something opens on EK0001 or EK0004 in June/July?

Can anyone predict whether space will pop up? It is DXB-LHR EK0001 on the 30th June and returning EK0004 on the 13th of July. EF shows that the flight is 0 in all classes but a dummy booking shows that there is space in all so it could go either way...

The reason I would prefer to upgrade the LHR route first is because I will get 20k miles (hopefully) from my DUR-LAX-DUR in September, so I will buy 5k and use that to upgrade the DXB-LGW leg.

Thanks all. :)

jackiedada Jun 17, 14 12:27 pm


Originally Posted by Ahmed777 (Post 23049253)
...Can anyone predict whether space will pop up?..

I'd be watching out for anyone who can...:p

m3red Jun 17, 14 1:26 pm


Originally Posted by Ahmed777 (Post 23049253)
Hi guys.

I have 25k miles to burn.

Flying in Y on the 29th DUR-LHR-DUR. Want to upgrade to J with miles but there is no availability on that route yet.

I am also doing DUR-LGW-DUR leaving on Christmas Day and returning on New Years Day.

The DXB-LGW and LGW-DXB have upgrade space, but I would prefer to upgrade the flight I have coming in two weeks. Should I go for the LGW flight as I risk losing those seats or should I wait (and pray) that something opens on EK0001 or EK0004 in June/July?

Can anyone predict whether space will pop up? It is DXB-LHR EK0001 on the 30th June and returning EK0004 on the 13th of July. EF shows that the flight is 0 in all classes but a dummy booking shows that there is space in all so it could go either way...

The reason I would prefer to upgrade the LHR route first is because I will get 20k miles (hopefully) from my DUR-LAX-DUR in September, so I will buy 5k and use that to upgrade the DXB-LGW leg.

Thanks all. :)

Upgrade what you can now, ek 1 is very difficult... If eg shows 0 now you have little or no chance and just because they Will sell a seat doesn't mean there is availability they are most likely over selling..,,

ft101 Jun 17, 14 2:38 pm


Originally Posted by m3red (Post 23049786)
Upgrade what you can now . . .

And if the other one becomes available, cancel the one you've booked, the miles will go back into youir account, and you can upgrade on your preferred flight.

Ahmed777 Jun 18, 14 4:56 am

Thanks guys. I am just confirming my DXB-SFO and LAX-DXB and will check for availability there first as that is what I would really prefer.

Thanks for the help!

PS: The LGW still has 3 D-class left so I am hoping it stays for about two days...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.