Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chauffeur pick up - Munich

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Chauffeur pick up - Munich

New to the Emirates forum - I'm usually on the Cathay Pacific forum!

Traveling Munich to Dubai to Hong Kong in business class later this week.

A friend and I are traveling on two separate bookings, but on the same flight. Both on paid business class and both eligible for the chauffeur service.

Would it be bad manners to book two separate chauffeurs, picking up at the same time and at the same place? I sure don't mind being in my own car.

I'm just worried the chauffeur won't let both of us go into the same car (even though both of us are eligible).

Nothing in the Terms and Conditions states the number of guests allowed per chauffeured vehicle request.

Any thoughts? Many thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
When I and my wife travel, we always book 1 car. When you get a call from the chauffeur drive company, explain your situation and they will be happy to oblige. Getting 2 separate cars would be a waste.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Yeah it's grand. Whoever they phone first just say that you also have a booking for the other person, but you'll only need one car. We asked for a slightly larger car as we had a bit of luggage too.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
Not a problem to share a car. I've even done it several times with my fiancee arriving on another flight and airline, meeting me, and riding home with me.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
What happens if I'm not able to answer my phone call when they call 24 hours in advance to confirm?

I'll be on another flight at the time.

Is there a number to all for Munich chauffeur service?

Problem solved. Called the Emirates number in Germany +49 699 451 92000

They said I'll get a call on the same day of travel, and in any case my chauffeur drive is confirmed.

Last edited by Psychiatrist; Jun 18, 2014 at 7:55 am Reason: answered my own question.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
For the drop after arriving somewhere I don't usually get a phone call. They know when the flight gets in and where, and just wait with a sign after customs. Still never had a problem with taking the missus.

I only get phone calls when they pick me up before a flight, at home or a hotel.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
They said I'll get a call on the same day of travel, and in any case my chauffeur drive is confirmed.
I think you've just had a call centre operator tell you whatever came into their head to keep you happy.

1) Any time I've read about chauffeur drive at any location, the call is made the day before to confirm pick up time. Would they call on the day of service if the pick up time was 4.00am?

2) The operator saying the service is confirmed only means it's confirmed on the EK system - you could have seen that on Manage a Booking. He/she doesn't know what's on the chauffeur company system (probably nothing yet).

In answer to your query, if you don't answer, chances are they'll leave a message and number to call (I have experienced this, although not in Munich) or try again later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.