FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Miles on group booking? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1585784-miles-group-booking.html)

Ahmed777 Jun 16, 2014 10:13 am

Miles on group booking?

Hey guys.

So our school tour to Los Angeles has taken a turn to Dubai, meaning i am flying EK!

The routing is DUR-DXB(stopover)-LAX-DXB-DUR.

The booking is going to be made on a group discount as 18 are traveling. Does anyone know of you get miles or can upgrade on these bookings? If you do get miles, how much is it as it is a discounted ticket?

I tried phoning in and the operator had no clue what I was talking about so i thought it would be best just to ask you guys who have experience with the airline.

Ahmed777 Jun 16, 2014 10:15 am

Forgot to mention that the flights are obviously in Y.

Reason for change to EK was that CX decided to pull out as they believed that they could get more revenue on the route if we did not book. This is the third time that they had done this to our school.

backusmd Mar 4, 2017 1:18 am

Group travel earns miles the same way regular travel does, it totally depends on the booking class. I was just on a group travel with SQ but the booking class was heavily discounted booking class G so no miles earned.

Same with upgrading. First, depending on if the booking class is upgrade-able. But also the catch is that all travelers on the same booking have to be upgraded at the same time. So either you upgrade everyone, or contact the airline to split the booking and get yourself a new reservation reference number just for you, then you can try to upgrade just yourself.

In my experience, these group travel tickets are usually very low or no mileage earning because of their low price, and so don't have your hopes up too much for a big earn or upgrade possibility.

skywardhunter Mar 4, 2017 1:25 am

Originally Posted by backusmd (Post 27988808)
Group travel earns miles the same way regular travel does, it totally depends on the booking class. I was just on a group travel with SQ but the booking class was heavily discounted booking class G so no miles earned.

Same with upgrading. First, depending on if the booking class is upgrade-able. But also the catch is that all travelers on the same booking have to be upgraded at the same time. So either you upgrade everyone, or contact the airline to split the booking and get yourself a new reservation reference number just for you, then you can try to upgrade just yourself.

In my experience, these group travel tickets are usually very low or no mileage earning because of their low price, and so don't have your hopes up too much for a big earn or upgrade possibility.

That post is 2.5yrs old and I believe ol' Ahmed is now of age and probably out of school :)