FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   EK211 DXB-IAH meal service in J? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1585565-ek211-dxb-iah-meal-service-j.html)

chilicat Jun 15, 14 2:52 pm

EK211 DXB-IAH meal service in J?

I'll be flying from Dubai to IAH in business class. As the flight leaves Dubai in the morning and arrives in Houston in the afternoon, what meals are served? Breakfast and lunch or brunch and dinner or some other combination? If anyone has a link to a menu I'd appreciate it. I've searched on flyertalk and the internet as a whole but no luck.

refjohn1 Jun 15, 14 2:56 pm

according to paper timetable it is breakfast (hot) followed by lunch followed by a snack. No idea on what each may be though - but hope this helps

chilicat Jun 18, 14 12:12 pm

So no one has a menu or link to a menu?
I'm debating eating in the lounge vs on the plane. I have a nine hour layover between my CPT-DXB flight and my DXB-IAH flight. It's going to be a long trip home.

w00t Jun 19, 14 9:18 am

It is hot breakfast (pretty much straight after take-off), then light bites (snacks - 2-3h into the flight) and then 2.5h prior to descend full lunch service.

If you go to the galley and look by the doors, on both sides there will be a display of snacks (chips, chocolate, fruit & sandwiches) throughout the flight.

marconess Jun 21, 14 4:40 am

Originally Posted by chilicat (Post 23055481)
So no one has a menu or link to a menu?
I'm debating eating in the lounge vs on the plane. I have a nine hour layover between my CPT-DXB flight and my DXB-IAH flight. It's going to be a long trip home.

They have three or four menus on each route I believe and I'm not sure theres a list of what flight/date serves what.

w00t Jun 21, 14 4:56 am

On the regular menu in J is no fish in case you want it.
Chicken, Beef or lamb.

UAEBANDIT Jun 21, 14 10:45 am

I flew this sector. I ate in the first class lounge at the airport (my kids had first class seats) and was glad that i did. They served breakfast, but it was mank. They had free flowing snacks on a table in the galley by the door. Crisps and fruit etc.
Then there was lunch.
ETA: sandwiches with the snacks also,as previously mentioned.

chilicat Jun 21, 14 1:11 pm

Thanks for the info. Emirates is switching to the A380 by the time of my flight so I guess snacks in the on board bar/lounge are an option too.

extramileage Jun 22, 14 8:42 am

Originally Posted by UAEBANDIT (Post 23072373)
I flew this sector. I ate in the first class lounge at the airport (my kids had first class seats)

Nice of the kids to guest you into the FCL.

MrCharming Jun 22, 14 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by extramileage (Post 23076129)
Nice of the kids to guest you into the FCL.

:D:D:D:D:D^