Search

3 hour 45 Min Transit Question!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum
3 hour 45 Min Transit Question!

Guys,

I'll be flying to paris via dubai on emirates next week. I land into dubai at 11:15 A.M and my Connecting flight to Paris is at 3:00 p.m. giving me a transit of 3 hours & 45 mins. I have no check in luggage. I wanted to check if it was possible for me to clear immigration and meet a friend in the airport premises itself and check in again. I have a U.S passport, so no visa required. Is this allowed?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by thomasincharge5
Guys,

Is this allowed?
Yes
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum
Thanks Edy. Have you attempted this?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:19 am

Depending on nationality, you may require a visa.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Depending on nationality, you may require a visa.
So long as he has a US Passport, he'll be exempt of visa requirements, rt?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
So long as he has a US Passport, he'll be exempt of visa requirements, rt?
Yes, agreed.

I never noticed the passport info when I read it earlier.

Either the OP edited or I'm going blind.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
I've done this. Left the airport to visit friends at their house and have a nap for a few hours on a 6-7h layover. Left my bags checked in.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:38 am

Yes, but don't forget you will have to clear immigration upon departing as well, so do leave enough time to get back through security and immigration after you have met your friend (the cut off time is 1 hour before departure and they can be very strict). You won't technically need to check-in again, as you should already be checked through and issued with a boarding pass to CDG at your origin point. If not, you can of course easily get another BP at a desk.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:56 am

Yes, several times.

Your 3hr45 might actually mean an effective 60-90 minutes landside as you will need to clear passport control on the way out and head back (it might be a long way depending on the gate lottery).

The times you're travelling on are usually quieter than the average morning/midnight mayhems around DXB so should be a smooth thing.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Since the OP is skywards gold he should get fastrack at DXB and hopefully will be out quicker.3.45 hrs passes very quickly at DXB. I wouldn't attempt it if collecting luggage but since the OP does not have any luggage to collect it should be okay.

PS: to the OP. You can do the same even with checked in luggage provided your transit at DXB is less than 24 hrs. Just ask the check in agent at the start to check in your bags to Paris .You can walk out at DXB with hand luggage only as your bag remains airside at DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.