Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Gold membership expires the day I fly outbound

Old May 28, 14, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum

I didn't requalify for Gold but they were nice enough to send me a sliver card and keep Gold open until June 1st. Well, I am booked and fly at 00:40 on June 1st outbound and June 4th inbound. The itinerary shows extra baggage allowance on both sectors but I am wondering about lounge access and priority bags, will I really get extra allowance on the return flight (cgk-DXB-cgk) and can I try to check in at the gold check-in or will I be turned away on the 4th? Will my e-gate still be valid? Thanks for the help, Cheers, Powers
Old May 28, 14, 2:55 am

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
What was your Gold review date? Your gold membership typically expires at the end of the month and not the beginning, and god benefits are valid for 2 months after your tier review date. So, if your review date was 30th April and you didn't requalify for gold, you can continue to enjoy Gold benefits until 30 June.

My guess is that you should be good on your inbound as well if you are getting Gold benefis on your outbound since your travel dates are in the same month.
Old May 28, 14, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackiedada View Post
What was your Gold review date? Your gold membership typically expires at the end of the month and not the beginning, and god benefits are valid for 2 months after your tier review date. So, if your review date was 30th April and you didn't requalify for gold, you can continue to enjoy Gold benefits until 30 June.

My guess is that you should be good on your inbound as well if you are getting Gold benefis on your outbound since your travel dates are in the same month.
Yeah, it is a bit gray area, but probably just a system thing showing I get more baggage. The deal is my review was end of March so the cover page says enjoy Gold benefits to June 1st, 2014 but the statement page says through May 31st, 2014. So well, I do check in prior to June 1st, maybe they will let me use the lounge (if CGK even has one) until 00:00 when my gold expires! Wonder about the other things. I would imagine the e-gate works or I just use the dude station manning the e-gate. If only I could have flown a day earlier!
Old May 28, 14, 6:41 am

Programs: EK Gold, WY Silver, IHG Gold
You will be able to use the lounge on your CGK-DXB leg as your check in time/date will fall on 2140 Hrs 31st May 2014.
On your return DXB-CGK, you will still be able to use the business lounge as you are on silver.
This is as per Emirates website:
http://www.emirates.com/ae/english/s...-benefits.aspx

As Gold, you have +16kgs additional allowance and +12Kgs for Silver.

About E-gate, it should still work as even blue tier members have this feature on their card. Just remember to bring your silver card so you can activate it before leaving Dubai to Jakarta

Last edited by Gerard86; May 28, 14 at 6:48 am
Old May 28, 14, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gerard86 View Post
About E-gate, it should still work as even blue tier members have this feature on their card. Just remember to bring your silver card so you can activate it before leaving Dubai to Jakarta
Nice tip, thanks! I remember having to activate my new Gold card last year, was pretty painless. And even so, I can count on 12kg extra should be more than enough.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: